Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, ill set the scenario..

It was a cold morning.. frost everywhere, and i open my car to get to college, my mate gets in the passenger side, we pull out of the estate and i forgot to deice the side windows.. so i say to him to wind it down, it didn't budge, so he forcefully wound it round!

Then we hear a "Pop" sound, and the window shoots down into the door carcas.. i take it to my local garage and he opened it up and the look on his face.. apparantly somethings snapped (dont ask me what) and if he were to take the panel off to get into the mechanism, the wire on/around the runner will snap or something... End of the day, he's talking between 100-200 GBP to get hold of a new one?

Does anyone know of a problem with MK4 golfs (t-reg) doors? and should it be this expensive?

Sorry for the scetchy details, but i just wanted to let my emotions flow ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
You've posted this in the Mk5 section,

but my glass jumped out of the window regulator and fell down. if you can take the door card off there is two holes (might be covered by a rubber stopper) but if the glass isn't smashed and you can get it back up to the top, then lower the window using the window buttons so that you see two clamp like things in the wholes, then just undo them a bit slot the glass in between the clamp tighten it up and things should be fine. I'm not to sure what could've snapped but give that ago, it worked for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts