Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my golf has a problem with the window the window will only go down if you push it down otherwise the glass just drops on its own the motor is working fine as when its down it goes back up fine and you can hear the motor winding down just wondered how hard it is to put back on runner and what would need to be replaced. any help would be very much appreciated many thanks nigel,by the way its a mk4 5 door if it makes any odds

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Sounds like the plastic clips that hold the window have broken. Very common problem. Got to strip the door down and replace them with new ones that are now metal, I believe.

Dean

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine did this a few months ago, There are two clamps that hold the glass onto the regulator. Mine had become loose so I stripped the door down and refitted the glass and re tightened the clamps, its fine now, BUT I havet tightened the front clamp up enough, so I have to so it all over again.

Worth while making sure the regulator has had the modified runner thingy's fitted. There are plenty of posts on this topic on here, loads of help if you can find one

·
Diesel & RX8 Fanboy
9,407 Posts
Mine did this over Christmas, don't buy the kit until you take the door card off I didn't need it. Jut drop the window to the inspection holes and see the state of play before buying any thing! Mine just needed the window putting back it and the clamps tightening.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers for the replies ill have a gander at it friday and update with my findings thank you very much for your help and support[:D]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
right good news i looked bfore buying the parts and luckily mine had metal brackets and the window had come out

·
Registered
927 Posts
the metal brackets are usually held on to the runners by a plastic part, it's these that are fragile, i've broke one of mine !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts