Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow it's mad out there - just walking down Port Street in Manchester and heard a massive creaking then a bang!!....looked up and saw this happening not far from where my car is parked ...: [:O]

Ancoats Street is closed due to some building site fences falling down too

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
bloody hell how gutted are those people going to be when they get back to their cars! I wonder where they stand on insurance whether they will say it was an act of god or whether it will be a case of sue the owners of the fence?>

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Hey, lets make this into a post showing your destruction pictures.

Insurance companies hate these kind of days. Claims are ten fold, and they will try the act of god route no doubt. I'd hate to see my car like that, regardless of the car.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know...

The Polo's back window has been put though and roof dented

The Merc's windscreen and roof damaged (interior light is dangling from the roof lining now)

Jag's roof is crumpled (nice car too - gutted!)

On the other side is a Toureg which mostly got away with it but is scraped from the collapse and whilst I was stood there another panel landed on it and scuffed all the n/s wing

·
Registered
615 Posts
Well, it's just as bad in Blackpool. I've just been sent home from work (St.Annes) as one of the windows imploded from the wind!

Not the best pic but we were trying to remove the pc and get out of the room (don't fancy glass in my eyes)

We were evacuated and sent home.

Phoned the Girlfriend who's told me that opposite her work (Preston) a bike shed has blown over onto some cars- probably similar to above in Manchester, ill try to get a picture. Hope the bora's okay :(

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I'm hoping everything will be intact and I won't have to post a pic when I get home tonight...

I work in a building made of kit kat wrappers and corned beef tins, and everything is creaking a little...

I even saw a chav fall over and be blown down the road earler. Unfortunately he survived.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
My mates lost 2 cars and 30 mins ago a tree nearly took his conservatory out..

another mates lost roof tiles, and I have had 4 cars damaged by tiles outside a few shops..

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
its mayhem here in Macclesfield. Just tryed to reach a customer, and 3 roads are blocked off due to some huge trees fallen down and blocking the roads. Our warehouse sounds like its gonna be ripped apart!!!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I just watched a fench panel fly past my living room window, straight past mine and the neighbours car and into the kids playground. I think it must have hit the slide and broke in half. [:S] (I couldnt get my fat rear off my sofa quick enough to see where it went)

Its pretty dangerous out there!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Pub down the road has had the front facade colapse into the road, crushed a few cars I think. Some roads closed due to unsafe shops. Is it just me or was there no warning of these winds over the past few days? Was it in the weather forecast? All a bit 1987 isn't it?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
one of our 40ft truck trailers has just tipped on its side round our yard!!!! thankfully the yard was empty with no people or cars next to it. what a site it is!!!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Couple of the houses around here have suffered damage, chimney stocks collapsing etc. One of the ridge tiles has just slid off the roof and just missed the old mans Passat- he'd have been gutted he only picked it up last night!

Is the north west getting it worse than anywhere else? Glad i'm not working, last time we had weather like this i hit a tree that had fallen across the track, luckily it was rotten as it just smashed to bits. I was doing a fair turn of speed and was close to soiling myself!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Just thought I would post this up as it's rather funny in a way, lost a handlebar sir?! Also noticed that the shed in one of the gardens opposite seems to be loosing some of it's roof. Otherwise, not had it too bad just here compared to shop faces and walls falling down.

To bring a bike down would take a good gust though I'm assuming?

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 53 Posts