Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's right by the tax disc area so it's well out of the way from the drivers view but I'm hoping I don't get a fussy inspector so I'm making sure I got all my bases covered.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help, I would drive to the garage but I work in London 10-6 and just wouldn't have the time to drive to the garage in the week.

I'll look to replace windscreen when I can. Tax, Mot and Insurance all up for renewal next month [:(]

·
Registered
55 Posts
i failed an mot once because my sat nav holder was on the windscreen. they then removed it and it passed. why not just save paper (as it had a red print out done) and time and just remove it straight away?!

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is a grey area.

It depends on the MOT tester really - its his licence on the line.

If a crack is bad - it might pass, it might not.

If it is in the line of sight - ditto.

Personally, I would replace it as there is a huge amount of structural integrety provided by the windscreen.

If it fails - you will have to replace it. Worth a go as it may pass. Simples *

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
if the car is too dirty you can refuse to test it so thats bollocks straight away....

this is a pass end off.... anyone can find out in the mot testing guide check the link in my sig...

also i did try and make it a sticky but it has not been made yet

·
Registered
479 Posts
This is a grey area.

It depends on the MOT tester really - its his licence on the line.

If a crack is bad - it might pass, it might not.

If it is in the line of sight - ditto.
Not accurate at all I'm afraid, there are very clear guidlines regarding windscreens for the MOT and the picture the OP posted is clearly a pass.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
if the car is too dirty you can refuse to test it so thats *** straight away....

this is a pass end off.... anyone can find out in the mot testing guide check the link in my sig...

also i did try and make it a sticky but it has not been made yet
Did you know, you can also fail if you refuse to pay for the MOT up front before it is carried out? I didnt until I spoke to a newly qualified tester who has just been approved. Part of what he learnt was that if you think a car will fail and the owner will refuse to pay and just leave the car, you can ask for payment up front. If they refuse, it fails.

I know it might have failed anyway, but at least they are likely to take it elsewhere and dump it haha

1 - 20 of 24 Posts