Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing some digging round and found some RS6 reps in 17"

I really dont want to go bigger than 17 for price ride etc etc

Anyway these 17s come in the following sizes, will any be ok for my MKV SE with the vw sports suspension the sizes are:

ET35 5 x 100 PCD,

ET35 5 x 112 PCD

ET45 5 x 112 PCD.

I dont want any rubbing etc as the car regually has 4/5 people in it and full boot, also my mum drives the car on weekends so dont want rubbing on full lock etc

Cheers

Chris

· Registered
670 Posts
Also, for a perfect fit ET50 is what you want. Very few aftermarkets come in ET50, most are ET45.

In my opinion ET35 will stick out and if you want perfect fitting RS6 reps then welcome to my nightmare.

· Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris,

Would you not prefer a set of mkV Golf wheels? They can be sourced from Ebay or what about the ones that you spotted for sale from VW dealers.
Just looking atm really, i can never find any on ebay [:(] i only get wheels from MK2s etc

Also what sized tyres would these wheels need??

· Registered
643 Posts
There are some 17" GTI alloys on ebay at the moment - for sale by a forum member I believe:

clicky

· Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just been digging around b4 bed and found an offset calculator:

http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html

When i put my current missano wheel sizes in and the RS6s in i get the following:

These settings are :

Current wheel width: 6.5inches current offset 50

New Wheen width 7.5inches new offset 45

Your new wheel will have the following chracteristics:

The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 8mm LESS
The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 18mm

Will these stick out too much?? As i dont want them sticking out of the arches!

· Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just been out with a tape mesure, whilst dodging the storms! and there looks to be a good 2-3cms between the edge of the rim and the end of the arch, this is the stock VW sports suspension

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.