Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cluch and DMF have only done about 5k miles but within the next few months im gonna put in a hybrid turbo so will be hopefully will be pushing 270-280 bhp.(yes i know i should have uprated it when i replaced it last year but i wasnt gonna modify but the bug has me now!) Was thinking of putting the vr6/g60 combo in to keep cost down, is that gonna handle the power ok? Should I change it now or just wait til starts to go then change it? Any help please

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
From what I was told, yeah it should be fine for a hybrid !

I'm going down the same route [y]

If I was you I'd just wait and do it when you are getting everything fitted and remapped cause ideally you'll want a clutch that can handle the power when its getting remapped so they can get the best out of it

·
Registered
772 Posts
Just my 2p worth but i have a ko3s on my golf stage 2 remap etc. I have been through 2 yeah i say again 2 vr6/g60 setups. Could be me but who knows...............

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just my 2p worth but i have a ko3s on my golf stage 2 remap etc. I have been through 2 yeah i say again 2 vr6/g60 setups. Could be me but who knows...............
i thought the flywheels are supposed to last a life time... how did you managed that? i can understand a clutch... but flywheel :|...

It generally depends on your driving styles but yeah it should hold it :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
i thought the flywheels are supposed to last a life time... how did you managed that? i can understand a clutch... but flywheel :|...

It generally depends on your driving styles but yeah it should hold it :)

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I guess it down to driving still really.

my boys got the vr6/g60 clutch and he's been running 360bhp 18t for a while now with no problems

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I guess it down to driving style really.

my boys got the vr6/g60 clutch and he's been running 360bhp 18t for a while now with no problems

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess it down to driving still really.

Well thats good to know 270bhp should defo be fine then

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
270 - 280 bhp? really? How much is it going to cost to get that power and what mods?

Dont try cutting cheap options on clutch/flywheel if your trying for so much power, i think im going to fit the Helix clutch and single mass flywheel myself, i shouldnt ever run into trouble further down the line with this but im not expecting much change from a grand.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
270 - 280 bhp? really? How much is it going to cost to get that power and what mods?
Hybrid turbo from cr 545 + vat

Genesis 415cc fuel injectors around 200

3.25" maf gonna try and make any stainless one if not bahn brenner do one about 90 dollars I think

forge TIP just over 100

High flow exhaust manifold aint sure which one im gonna get yet still looking into it atp, ths around 200 or the jbs for about 400

Cupra r fuel pump about 60

I already got a fmic and turbo back exhaust.

Re map from R-tech 350 then hopefully should be hitting the 270-280bhp mark[:)]

So all in all about 1500 pound

·
Registered
6,746 Posts

3.25" maf gonna try and make any stainless one if not bahn brenner do one about 90 dollars I think

forge TIP just over 100

High flow exhaust manifold aint sure which one im gonna get yet still looking into it atp, ths around 200 or the jbs for about 400

Re map from R-tech 350 then hopefully should be hitting the 270-280bhp mark

Man its so much cheaper for you petrol guys when it comes to power upgrades with bigger turbos..... im allmost jelous, only allmost though [:D]

·
Registered
2,994 Posts

forge TIP just over 100

Re map from R-tech 350 then hopefully should be hitting the 270-280bhp mark

Man its so much cheaper for you petrol guys when it comes to power upgrades with bigger turbos..... im allmost jelous, only allmost though
yeah but we got the fuel economy to worry about!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts