Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MKV TDI GT Sport 170

Will this car survive a daily mileage of 220 on a week in week out basis without too many problems?

View or advice appreciated

Cheers....... Mark

·
Registered
144 Posts
i can imagine it'd be absolutely fine, diesels are built to rack the miles up :)
just make sure oil is always topped up and the car is cared for well. eg services.
i cant see you having major problems though :)
Whats its current milage?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i can imagine it'd be absolutely fine, diesels are built to rack the miles up :)
just make sure oil is always topped up and the car is cared for well. eg services.
i cant see you having major problems though :)
Whats its current milage?
Its a 57 plate on 42K miles full service history and an approved VW used car purchase........

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Make sure it has had the 26E6 DPF service campaign, which updates the cars software and replaces the DPF pressure sensors.

My 170 is on 76K (I do about 120 miles a day) and 2.5 years old. I had a few problems at the start with the DPF but those days are long gone.

Remember, the DPF needs to be inspected and/or replaced at 100K - you are just best to remove it altogether if its the later.

·
Registered
707 Posts
mine just sailed through its MOT after being hammered up and down the motorway for the past year (06 plate, 80k miles, approx 130 miles per day).

If you keep it serviced and check the oil level regularly it will be fine, most of the common faults (such as ABS pump) seem to be just as likley to occur if you only do average miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts