Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I'm 99% sure that rochford make a GTI rep the new monza ones which fit on the mk4... but im that 1% unsure aswell lol..

Sat

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Ok i was wrong rochford only do the 5x112 fitment which isn't for the mk4 so you will need hub adaptors...

Sat

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Or you could try the new Polo GTI wheels which have the correct PCD, 5x100 and are OEM quality...

One of the wheels listed for the current Polo was also offered for the MkIV Golf so I'm guessing the offsets must be very similar. See if a dealer will let you try.

Posted Image

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
IMHO if you want the Gti wheels you have to go for the monza look ones as they just look lush with the graphite inner spokes..

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
LOL... but what about the highy polished finish shiu??

Also iirc a couple of months back someone was actually selling the mk5 gti rep wheel on ebay which had the stud pattern and offset for the mk4.. but the whole alloy was polished even where the graphite sits iirc..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Or you could try the new Polo GTI wheels which have the correct PCD, 5x100 and are OEM quality...

One of the wheels listed for the current Polo was also offered for the MkIV Golf so I'm guessing the offsets must be very similar. See if a dealer will let you try.

Posted Image
How big are those? they look quite small. However 'RnR auto design' and Rochford tyres both appear to do a 5x100 and 5x112 fitment for 18" Monza replicas. I really want to be the first person on uk-mkivs to get them for my mk4 but its just a case of splashing out the ?650, i can sell my old replica santas and probably get about ?200 odd back for them though.

However, being replicas i reckon there has to be corrosion issues regards the polished finish like i had with my santas. But who cars when they will look so so sweet. Also i reckon there are ways of getting around the corrosion problem that havent been explored yet.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Corrosion happens most easily when you have polished bare metal with lacquer on it, nothing to do with being reps, many OEM wheels suffer this. Lacquer simply doesn't stick that well to bare metal!The difference between genuine and replica wheels is not something you can see, it's in the weight and strength of the wheel. Reps are heavier and not as strong, simple as.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats without tyres though, with tyres would be around ?650, to be fair you are getting a lot of wheel for the money, but i just cannot realistically afford that right now, plus my parents would go berserk if they found out i'd spent that on a set of wheels. I've been imagining getting them and posting pics of the car up on members rides, and being the 1st person on here to get them, even one of the first in the country for a mk4. Its a nice thought, but we'll see....

·
Registered
857 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-NEW-VW-GOLF-GTI-WHEELS-MK4-MK5-AUDI-A3-A4-A6-A8-TT_W0QQitemZ4647478143QQcategoryZ28648QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

5x100 PCD for the Mk4 Golf, polished face, grey inners...?400 [Y]

Dan, you should get them! Will look awesome.

Franky...
they quoted me ?599 with tyres last week, i had the same idea as you having the 1st set on a mk4 golf, however, iv seen some on a black golf round where i live and it looked mint, iv gone with tried and tested RS4's now though

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have seen a few MK4's with them now and they do look lush!  Prob is Reps are so heavy and you can never be sure of the quality.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Some reps can be quite heavy but some can't iirc sonnys reps were lighter than his 19" project two rims, but the best rims in regards to weigh and size were the oettingers they were light even lighter than the 17" tt comps he had before you could tell this whilst driving as normally when semi launching the car with the 17's it still had traction but with the 18's it would spin quite easily and they both had a good set of tyres on em.

Sat [y]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts