Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get a remap, but i need to know if it kills the warranty (as i had to pay 400? for the warranty)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
In short - If they find out, yes.

It will certainly invalidate anything that would be affected by the change, and with something like a remap that includes virtually the entire drivetrain - engine, gearbox, driveshafts, ecu, etc...

Obviously, if something like seat frame breaks, that should be OK, but most of the major things you are trying to cover with a warranty won't be.

·
Registered
354 Posts
That's why the Revo remap has the option of a switch to turn the remap off. Revo remaps are undetectable to VAG diagnostic gear, even in performance mode. It's switchable to prevent detection by the right foot!

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I beleive it is the SPS2 option that allows you to switch between programs with the dongle / box that you plug in the serial port.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wicked sounds good.. a lot of money but worth it as i cant afford to loose warranty :) thanks guys

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
keep a look out for the SPS1/2/3 boxes in the classifieds. They are often floating about and to be had for a lot less than retail. I bought my SPS1 for ?100 s/hand.

All SPS boxes work accross the VAG range, e.g whether it be an Audi TT or Ibiza TDi, you would be able to use the same SPS switch on both to turn the REVO remap on/off.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I run a REVO map on my AGU, I don't have an SPS box, but I'm unsure if you can switch from stock to performance mode.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Quote: posted by Carlos on 04/02/2005 12:59:00

Quote: posted by Mike-P on 04/02/2005 12:53:10

Yes, you can.

Sounds like i need to sort out an SPS1!

Why are you still covered by warranty ? - if not I wouldn't bother as all you can do it switch between stock and Revo power on an AGU. You won't want to go back to stock - trust me.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Paul's right, unless you need a switch for warranty reasons, don't buy one, that's TWO Revo dealers telling you you don't need one!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have been Revo'd and have the SPS1! My car is still under VW warranty and before xmas I had a problem with the clutch (master & slave cylinder)!

Turn it back to stock, dealer done the work [:D]

I have had it in for a service & 3 times for warranty work and they haven't said anything (touch wood [:p])

So hopefully they will never findout [8D]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts