Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering two wheel options at present.

I love the look but will 19's be too impractical to be considered?

235/35/19 will be the nearest tyre size.

Any views gratefully received - and would love to hear from anyone with 19" wheels on a mk4 too.

MTIA

·
Registered
259 Posts
mmmm I sometimes wish i had smaller wheels on the MK4 as its a little harsh, and doesnt feel that great on corners. Anytime i have this thought i have another look at the car sat on therse huge rims and it make my mind up for me! Id be mad to get smaller wheels!

I have the FK's set to the hardest setting too so i may soften the blow that way...

Anyway what i wanted to say Foxy is go for the 19's!!

Wez

·
Registered
771 Posts
19s look great [:D] but considering the state of the roads how long will they last before they're damaged [:(!]

What wheels you thinking of?

What am I talking about - I'd love 19" BBS RCs on the Anni [:D]

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Quote: posted by Wez on 04/10/2004 22:14:13

mmmm I sometimes wish i had smaller wheels on the MK4 as its a little harsh, and doesnt feel that great on corners. Anytime i have this thought i have another look at the car sat on therse huge rims and it make my mind up for me! Id be mad to get smaller wheels!

I have the FK's set to the hardest setting too so i may soften the blow that way...

Anyway what i wanted to say Foxy is go for the 19's!!

Wez

Wez the ride quality of coilovers will alway be harsher than normal Suspension Struts and springs. That's why I opted for normal H&R sport suspension instead of coilovers and have found that my ride quality has not suffered much at all.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I fitted a set of 19" on the wifes 1.8t and it's not too bad at all, it is very slightly harsher than when 18" were fitted but nothing that you're conscious of to be honest.

I would think that if you're to replace the wheels on your mk5 with 18" then you're gonna regret it in a short space of time. [:I]

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bear in mind i do 15-20k/year in the car....will i need the ostaeopath?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Quote: posted by Foxy on 04/10/2004 22:52:58

Bear in mind i do 15-20k/year in the car....will i need the ostaeopath?

No just Recaros [;)]

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I have to say, the 19" A8 wheels cage had on his GTI 1.8T looked sweet. Definately couldn't pull off the look as well with 18s.

Foxy, go for 19s man!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmmmmmmmm........

Lambourghini Gallardo mono-bloks (8.5J)

or

Phaeton Helios (8.5J)

Both 19's

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quote: posted by Foxy on 05/10/2004 07:14:29

Lambourghini Gallardo mono-bloks (8.5J)

or

Phaeton Helios (8.5J)

As I already told you yesterday those of the phaeton, without a doubt [:)]

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I loved my 19's on my mk4

The only reason I wont put them on my R32 is the price off the tyres...

The ride quality isn't that bad... but your wallet will feel the squeeze if you do 20k a year.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, i need to decide and i 'm going off the Lambo's......they are mean but i like the phaeton's better.

I can get the GENUINE gallardos for ?1000 for four, delivered.

Now, this is the killer pic;-

Posted Image

The Phaeton Helios are ?432.82 each plus vat.

Plus tyres at ?160 per corner.

?2700.00 inc tyre fitting.

OUCH!!!

Best news tho: I can get the Helios at ?1200 inc vat for four.

New total= ?1865

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Foxy, just a word of warning re the Helios, Ville had to "roll the front fenders" to get them to fit. I am not sure if this is solely a result of being -60mm down, but if you are serious about getting them and don't already know, might be worth researching a little more.

HTH.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts