Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
popped into gamestation but mine will not be available, and all the local game stores are sold out too!

boohoo!

and i've taken the day off as well

·
Registered
627 Posts
MIIIIIIII :)

Game phoned to say it's there and I can pick it up at 8am tomorrow morning :) Can't wait!

Ordered it with Zelda (obviously!), Rayman Ravin Rabbits and Wii Play, with the extra controller.

What games are other people grabbing with it?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Like bloody hens teeth these things at the minute!

Thankfully, Amazon shone threw and my Wii is with Parcelforce right now for delivery tomorrow. Just also been to Tesco and picked up Zelda, Wii Play and an extra nunchuck.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
apparently theres going to be plenty by christmas
How do you know this ?

p.s got mine today

Its not that good I dont think
Well I've just been phoning round and it would appear that unless you've pre-ordered you've got not chance before xmas.

Mr Williams.... If you don't like it, wanna flog it ? [^o)]

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
my local gamestation said they should be getting two more bigger deliveries between now and christmas

i've got a preorder but of course mine's not available till next weeks delivery

·
Registered
796 Posts
Just seen one go for ?624.50 on the 'bay - craziness!

A guy at work here has one in hand and is debating whether to stick his on there now

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
It is crazy as they don't predict anywhere near the unavailability as the 360 had.

someone ordering one on the bay for ?600+ may be able to go into a shop next week and pick one up for stock price even before it arrives from ebay

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Just seen one go for ?624.50 on the 'bay - craziness!

A guy at work here has one in hand and is debating whether to stick his on there now
why is he debating? he should be putting it on right now!!!

ive never been a fan of nintendo games machines. personally i view them as a little kids gaming machine, not for a hardcore mature gamer.

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
Went to our loca Tesco (At Home?? - the one where they don't sell food anyway!) and they had 4 left at 10.30 this morning if anyone local is interested.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Is it me or is the name for this consul just wrong!? The Mrs can't help chuckling everytime they say on the radio about playing with your Wiii!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well basically its a game cube with a fancy remote.

If the remote doesnt work then its gonna fail I feel and the remote isnt that good...

Maybe i'm beening alittle harsh on this new machine but read this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6161261.stmhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/616at 1261.stm

When I played the tennis game it was great fun for 15 minutes then felt it wasnt always doing the swing or move I was trying to make.

Its ok for a party machine or 5 minutes bascially

I gonna ebay it

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm quite impressed tbh!

Certainly nowhere near the 360 in terms of visuals. Doesn't help that I couldn't get a component video lead for it mind, so it's fuzzy composite at the moment. Boo.

But Louise and I played through a chunk of Rayman Ravin Rabbids tonight and we were really laughing along with it. The stuff that can be done with the controls completely transforms how you play the game. We were KNACKERED, honestly! Damn machine gives you a workout :)

Just popped Zelda in for a 'quick look' earlier. 3 hours later, ahem, I can safely state that Zelda is brilliant! As soon as you get a weapon in your hands in that game, the controls come alive. It's superb!

I don't think the Wii can replace the 360, but it can certainly sit alongside it as a very different equal. It's completely different to anything I've played before!

With those 2 machines under the telly, there's genuinely no reason for me to splash out 400 quid for Sony's late offering, put it that way.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
all i can say is BE CAREFUL!!!

i just smashed our lounge ceiling light to pieces with my hand will playing tennis!

but the console is pretty damn good, wii sports is excellent fun, i think red steel control method will take some getting used to

1 - 20 of 51 Posts