Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
Apart from the fact a new box, head,valves and cams says to me that its had its head kicked in pretty much every mile of its 121K (if thats genuine)

did they even make Gttdi's in 1999?

·
Livin' by the sword
5,180 Posts
Surely it must only be a 110? Didn't think they did the PD115 until after 1999? Also due it's MOT this month...
August 2008 was the first time the Golf was made with a 115 pd engine. It's on the insurance database as a 115 tdi aswell.

Brain fart: It was May 1999....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Surely it must only be a 110? Didn't think they did the PD115 until after 1999? Also due it's MOT this month...
Bingo!!!

Its an AHF engined GT TDi 110. The MID is a load of bo**ocks, it only takes one incorrect entry during a car's life by an insurance company employee and the car will be tagged with the wrong model on the mid for the rest of its life. The best way I've found to check which engine they have is to enter the reg into the Euro Carparts website, it then gives you the engine code. This data comes straight from DVLA and the manufacturer so its likely to be correct.

He knows full well its not a PD115 but doesn't give a monkeys because he thinks he can pull the wool over an unsuspecting buyer. Quite amazing that a 1999 T reg car has an engine that didn't appear in the UK until Y reg cars were being sold. [:(]

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Bought a car of someone from PH. Little does he know it cost HIM a fortune.

Steal from me and put my child at risk and i "own you" [whistle].

Also know of another PH member who got thrown off another forum for selling stuff that did "not belong" to him.

You have to be very "awake " these days when buying a car.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bought a car of someone from PH. Little does he know it cost HIM a fortune.

Steal from me and put my child at risk and i "own you"

Also know of another PH member who got thrown off another forum for selling stuff that did "not belong" to him.

You have to be very "awake " these days when buying a car.
Damn right!

I'd say the fact it's a Cat C write off is more important than claiming it's a 115.
Oooh, nasty. He really is a piece of work then. How did you find that out without paying for a car data check?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts