Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to officially welcome myself to the 6 points club [:D]

Idiots! Will have a mouthful tommorow from me, just cus I feel like it! I know when it was and thought 'crap' at the time. Had cruise on at 80mph (on the speedo) and had to brake sharply twice because of a driver infront of me nearly going off the dual carriageway. So, took my opportunity to get passed her when the outside lane cleared. As you do with cruise, put my foot down to get passed (she was literally swerving from side to side an didnt wanna be next to her too long). Bang, camera snuck behind the side of a bridge.

Anyway, got the summons today. 85mph apparently.

Gonna do the usual ask for evidence, calibration and evidence which means they can be there (think it's 2 major or life threatening accidents in the last 3 years or something) just to annoy them.

Just so annoying, took my opportunity to avoid an accident, get hit with a fine!

I'll take it on the chin otherwise, but sooooo infruriating!

So, who's gonna welcome me to their club?!

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Not me, I'm in the 0 points club [:D] Easy to stay in when you have a 1.6 he he, you'll need to get yourself a Snooper or something mate. My Snooper Evo gives up to 1km warning of all fixed cameras which is great in unknown areas!

Hope you get it sorted!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not me, I'm in the 0 points club [:D] Easy to stay in when you have a 1.6 he he, you'll need to get yourself a Snooper or something mate. My Snooper Evo gives up to 1km warning of all fixed cameras which is great in unknown areas!

Hope you get it sorted!
Actually it's prompted me to do so. Have a fixed cam detector, but not a laser detector, hence both times been caught by vans.

I know everyone feels the same when they are caught, but it's really time this got knocked on the head and police were out and about again, no consideration to anything but the recorded speed. If I stayed behind, or to the side of the car could have so easily ended up in an accident, as it was, I carried on, parked up and went to get whatever I was getting.

I see coppers in cop cars continually doing 90+ at night on the same strip of the dual carriageway. I actually like it as I follow them and do 90 while everyone slows down. I stayed at 90 the other day and the cop dissapeared. It's just so infruriating.

As for getting it sorted, I'll have a good whinge and give them a piece of my mind, but other than that, all you can do is take it on the chin. No one really get's out of these. I couldnt get out of my last 3 points, even though they had no physical evidence. They kept writing my excuse letters so long that by the time I got legal advice is was too late. Was told by a lawyer not to bother.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I got my 3 in a similar way, on a dual carriageway overtaking a 7&1/2 tonne truck on his mobile weaving all over the road - no excuse like as speeding is speeding and I just took it on the chin.... bloody annoying after 11 years of clean running.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got my 3 in a similar way, on a dual carriageway overtaking a 7&1/2 tonne truck on his mobile weaving all over the road - no excuse like as speeding is speeding and I just took it on the chin.... bloody annoying after 11 years of clean running.
Guess what she was doing......Yep, phone on the steering wheel texting. Why I just wanted to get passed.

Thats what I'm going to raise with them, see if they got that in the picture. Don't think even if they did have the phone there that they would take it into consideration as mine would be a completely seperate and damn naughty offence.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I suppose if you're in a position to push it, you've a very high chance of getting off with it - but that's down to you i suppose. 6 seems harsh though, I'd play for 3 and a ?60 fine...

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, it's 3, I already have 3 for being a naughty boy at 5.30am on the M4 doign 83mph [:)]

They drop off in 8 months.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I was nearly in the 6 points club.... Last october my 3 points came off and i thought "yes, i nice clean licence again!"

.....Only to go and get another 3 points a week later!

Damn it.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Can't blame the car...[:)] Didn't you know the camera location if it was local?

I am still on zero points by some miracle and I drive like a loon half the time...kinda have too, it doesn't like going slow officer...

A girl I know with a Punto 1.2 has 12 points, poor lass...all stupid too, like 36 in a 30

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have just rang my cousin. He's a cheif constable. He said they are complete scum and nothing to do with the police. Basically, their argument will be I was speeding, speeding is dangerous regardless of any given situation.

Therefore, the girl who basically cut me up and was texting and dangerous driving will not enter the equation. So it's not worth going down that avenue as I will get taken to court, the photo produced and they will see I was speeding past her. They won't see the few seconds before that and he cutting me up.

If they can see the phone and her texting, seperate incident and they are not interested in the slightest.

Told me to get hold of a PACE form and not to sign the NIP and then he had to go. Gonna ring me later.

I'm just gonna take it like I said, but he obviously knows his stuff, so will listen to what he has to say.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Unlucky Graham, I'm still in the 9 points club after being done again for stupid speeds this year on the M4. (the m4 has been very lucky for me in past years though...)

To be fair all my convictions are for doing considerabley over the speed limit, most times I have been stopped for breaking the ton but being charged with high 90's. Once for almost 3 times the speed limit. Have I been gutted? Nope not at all.

I'm trying my hardest not to get on my high horse but if you speed and you get caught you only have yourself to blame! If you dont want to pay the fine don't speed. If someone is driving erratically in front of you the safer option would be to slow down [;)]

J.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't care if you are, I'll see you outside batty boy [:D]

Like I said, will take it on the chin, nothing else you can do. It's just ridiculous really, you think 'get out of the situation' and your wrong.

Will let you know how my phonecall goes though!

Bigburd, thanks, will divulge the info.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I am coming out of the 6`s and into the 3`s next month but when i got my last 3 the copper jumped out the bush at the side of the road and pointed his magic finger at me in a 'its you' kinda way nearly scared the sh1t outa me anyway graham welcome even thou in a month i will be sayin cheereo

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I'm with MB.. And you're only in the mediocre class mate,you still need to step up to the 9 point club. It's an absolute GIT when that happens (that's how I copped my last 3, previous 6 being M40 and 101), but such is life... More respect for you saying at the end of the day that's that [y]

I lose six (well they go inactive) at Christmas (almost literally - 23rd!) which will make my life easier - wonder how long it'll take to get them back once I chip the gti [;)]

Oh and laser detection is POINTLESS unless you'er gonna jam the laser signals. By the time you hit the brake, your speed will be on the screen/gun/whatever. Light travels fast as mate.

C

PS - I'd had my mk4 about 3 months when i got the six - changing cars can be dnagerous [;)]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
tut tut tut graham didnt think it would be long ......just kidding mate , i would of done the same

that reminds me i must check when my points come off mine .......and i wasnt speeding when i got mine

1 - 20 of 53 Posts