Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Quote: posted by hmi1750 on 14/09/2004 20:20:56

you tell 'im Ian... hope all is well with you, shame you havent made it to anymore london meets, to think they started in a tesco car park!! in heavy rain!! lol

hey hmi. do those meets still go on now? what did i start! lol

· Registered
336 Posts
Quote: posted by ianhg on 14/09/2004 20:23:37

hey doc let me know how the r32 onwership gets on and was it a big burden financially compared to your previous car?

See Foxy's being cheeky again, but to continue what he started.....its ownership not onwership[:eek:)][:eek:)].

Joking aside er um, the R32 cost of ownership vs my previous car/s (E46 M3), hence I'm really probably not a good reference point...see my PM to you.

I will say though that the R32 fuel consumption is no better than or equivalent to my E46 M3[;)], but to be honest, other than as an observation, it really doesn't have any impact on me as I consider it part of the ownership experience. Don't know if that helps.

· Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks Doc it does help. I will try and write properly but i will proberbly get it wrong. The cost of running an R32 is a downer especially compared to my 130pd, but i am only 21 and mpg is somthing my dads winges about.

· Registered
336 Posts
Quote: posted by ianhg on 15/09/2004 20:21:36

Thanks Doc it does help. I will try and write properly but i will proberbly get it wrong. The cost of running an R32 is a downer especially compared to my 130pd, but i am only 21 and mpg is somthing my dads winges about.

You are correct in comparison to the 130pd the fuel consumption on the R32 will be like an alcoholic on a serious bender[:D]......say around town 22mpg and on longer runs say 30mpg.......ASSUMING you don't put the pedal to the metal, otherwise pick a number[:O]

· Registered
10,609 Posts
Yeah, around town you're looking at 17-22mpg. 22 is hard to achieve though to be honest!

On a motorway run, say over 100miles, you'll be getting around 25-28 if you're cruising about 80+

Knock down to 70mph, and you'll get nearer 30mpg

Seriously though, bank for around 22mpg average per tank

· Registered
3,199 Posts
My business partner has a 3.2 TT (same running gear as the 32'er) but he has the DSG 'box which helps him get 29-30mpg long term average.

He does long journeys and i give him major stick about driving like and old koot to get those figures!

It does sound awesome though!

Ian - just french connection UK ing do it son!

· Premium Member
16,988 Posts
Quote: posted by Beddie on 16/09/2004 21:02:59

Think it may be: Ian - just 'f.c.u.k'ing do it son!.... [:D]

I believe there was some text missing from the end....

'... and buy Tabs' immaculate 32'er'

There, now its complete [:D]

· Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Quote: posted by Tabs on 16/09/2004 21:12:13

Quote: posted by Beddie on 16/09/2004 21:02:59

Think it may be: Ian - just 'f.c.u.k'ing do it son!.... [:D]

I believe there was some text missing from the end....

'... and buy Tabs' immaculate 32'er'

There, now its complete [:D]

erm what i may say may get me thrown off here.[:D]

are you sure your R32 is immaculate Tabs? [^]

dude if it was indigo blue i would buy it no probs cos i love what you've done to it

oh and Foxy. i am sorry i seem to be draggin it out with this R32 buying but its a big commitment and i dont get my full 50% pay rise till nov. until then i have 41 more trips to pass to ensure my job for a bit longer.[:(]

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.