Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
well i currently own a Audi B7 S4 and Golf Gti

reason i bought the audi was i didn't like the M3 and i love the sound of all V8's :)

reason for buying the Gti is show use and to increase my knowledge on cars etc as this will be my tinkered ickle beast.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Room for shopping and the dog in the back, with space to spare!! Amazing performance and super stealth...

Always wanted an RS4 since i saw one at the motor show many years ago.

·
Banned
774 Posts
PD150- because it was the most powerful 4 cylinder diesel available at the time. Responds well to remap and the model I bought (anniversary) had all the toys I needed and was cheap.

Other than that the 330D was the only other choice in the price range, with more miles, older etc.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Some good video editing but cheesy toones. Just love that V6 sound[:p]

2.0 TDI - Dealer gave me a great p/x price for my 115 TDI.
Another Golf?.....well, it ticks all the right boxes what I need from a
car for my lifestyle.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I bought my car because:

a) I wanted something fast out of the box without having to spend loads of money modding it.

b) It looks the dogs.

c) I thought an R32 wouldn't need modifying. Until I found this forum[^o)]

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Wanted one for ages, Drove it and liked it....... 1.8t gti. Just needs more power now as still running stock 150bhp and its starting to feel slower as i'm used to it !

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I neede a car that was cheap to run for a few months and the GT TDI fitted the bill

But what i have saved in fuel i have spent on repairs to the bloody thing

still i am getting there now

·
Registered
189 Posts
well 4 years ago i had my first a vw polo 3dr E-reg 1ltr and it was great i sold it and bourght a 1.2 pug 205 ( okay but not a vw and wont ever be going back) then 6 months later bought my old 1.4 3dr mk3 golf and loved it [Y] . 1 month ago got my 1.6 mk4 5door golf and love it lo bits although thinking in a year or two a 1.8t gti is in order [6]

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I wanted to replace mt 1.8t after I got it back from the bodyshop (i rammed a taxi in it) it just didn't feel right afterwards.

Saw an almost identical car at the local dealers, Tornado red, 3 door etc and when i looked it was a 150PD! It was sold to me there and then but still got the salesman to do his best!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought mine because I needed a first car and after driving a Seat Ibiza which my parents had donated to me for a year I decided that although I loved the engine the interior was shite. So upgraded to a Golf and now I've got the nice solid interior aswell! Plus I'm only 20 so anything more than a 1.4 litre engine will kill me for insurance!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I bought mine because i had previously owned a s election of mk2 golfs and convertibles and felt it was time for a reliable car. After being told the Bora had a longer wheel base i decided to go with that over the golf, but still not sure i made the right decision. and i went one step further and bought my first diesel, which takes some getting used to after driving vr6, engined cars.But thanks to this forum i have spent a small fortune buying parts and kits to put on my car which should be finished by spring, subject to funds.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
After being told the Bora had a longer wheel base i decided to go with that over the golf,
Wheelbase is exactly the same...only difference is about 30KG of metal and a few more inches on the rear overhang

1 - 20 of 22 Posts