Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from me? (again).

I'm doing 1900-0700 on the 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th. Back in doing 0700-1900 on the 28th & 29th, then again on the 1st & 2nd Jan.

I seem to have drawn the short straw yet again - will be sleeping all day Christmas Day and won't be able to celebrate New Years Eve[:(] Will make an effort and get up early Christmas Day though as my mum said she would postpone the dinner until I'm up[:)]

At least finishing at 7am on Boxing Day means I can be one of the first in the Next sale[H]

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ive worked every christmas holiday since i left the 6th form back in 1998

Ive never worked christmas day but ive never had a full week off over christmas.[li]

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Blimey...that time of year again.

Last year I worked a 12 day shift and this year......... 12 hour night shifts.

I start the nights at 22:00 on the 22nd and finish at 08:00 on the 26th.....anybody want to swop ??

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Not actually working but im on call christmas day which means i cant go far from work to see friemds or drink at all, cud be worse tho. Sounds like you got some nasty shifts golfgirl, people always seem to in injure themselves more spectacularly at chrsitmas too, hope its not too busy for you.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Just to rub it in - I'm a teacher so I finish next Wednesday and go back the 3rd!

(Will probably go in a few days to get a few things done though)

·
Registered
305 Posts
School broke up 2 days ago for me, and we go back on the 9th... but i'm working in a large shop solidly between Christmas and 5th Jan. What fun!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
i finish on wednesday had to work last saturday to make up for thurs and fri but im gaining 4 hours pay for nothing so not bad...i could neverwork on xmas :( whatjob do you do golfgirl?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Apart from me? (again).

I'm doing 1900-0700 on the 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th. Back in doing 0700-1900 on the 28th & 29th, then again on the 1st & 2nd Jan.

I seem to have drawn the short straw yet again - will be sleeping all day Christmas Day and won't be able to celebrate New Years Eve[:(] Will make an effort and get up early Christmas Day though as my mum said she would postpone the dinner until I'm up[:)]

At least finishing at 7am on Boxing Day means I can be one of the first in the Next sale[H]
"Blimey...that time of year again.

Last year I worked a 12 day shift and this year......... 12 hour night shifts.

I start the nights at 22:00 on the 22nd and finish at 08:00 on the 26th.....anybody want to swop ??"

Just realised we might be the only two online Christmas night !!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just realised we might be the only two online Christmas night !!
Thought that myself, at least the only 2 sober ones... It all depends on the public in Worcester though as to whether I can get online or not! I too was on days last Christmas, much prefer to do nights though.

whatjob do you do golfgirl?
Paramedic in Worcester.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'll be working..........working out how to get out of my armchair after drinking and eating too much!! [:D]

Do the people who have to go 'to work' get paid more for doing it? And if so, substantially more?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I finish at 1PM next Friday through til 2nd Jan. Mind I will be on call for the normal working days - just in case there are any issues with the office network.

We close the office and our staff cover emergency support over our VOIP network from home, hence why I'm on call. As long as the WAN stays up I can get in from home and I have two independent routes in (just in case).

·
Registered
906 Posts
I am sorry to say i finished yesterday at 2.45 and i am not back til the 6th Jan.

Once i start back i will be working 7 days a week! Luckly my clients will have 3 weeks to take it easy, then the HARD work[Y]

I will be heading north tomorrow for a nice long drive from London to Aberdeen

Tam

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I'll be working..........working out how to get out of my armchair after drinking and eating too much!! [:D]

Do the people who have to go 'to work' get paid more for doing it? And if so, substantially more?
NO....it just happens to fall on my shift rota.[:'(]

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
GOLF GIRL---- at least its a good job your doing then not just wasting your day stocking shelvs lol....but its still xmas day :(

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

NO....it just happens to fall on my shift rota.[:'(]
Same here, although I get a day off in lieu. Any overtime I do that day though (like if we get a late job) will be paid at double time instead of time and a half.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Finish Friday 22nd, back in on 28th for a day, Sat 30th AM, then off till 2nd when back for business as usual.

Not a bad run of time off this year.

And like GolfGirl says, 27th off for an early start at Next!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts