Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from me... [:D]

Just wondering who else is counting down the days for their new 56-platers to arrive, there must be a few on here surely?

I've been given build week 36 so far for my GT 170 TDI ... oooh the suspense [:p]

spec: shadow blue, xenons, 18" charleston alloys and highline computer

·
Registered
178 Posts
im waiting for my new gti as in my sig, i wasnt expecting it till about mid september cos it was build week 34 but i checked in at the dealers the other day and its already nearly built. so now hopefully fingers crossed for getting it on the 1st of sept. cant bloody wait.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Apart from me... [:D]

Just wondering who else is counting down the days for their new 56-platers to arrive, there must be a few on here surely?

I've been given build week 36 so far for my GT 170 TDI ... oooh the suspense [:p]

spec: shadow blue, xenons, 18" charleston alloys and highline computer
Yummy!!! Make sure you post some pics when the day finally arrives [:)]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

New member alert! I've been lurking on and off since I placed an order for a GTI in May.. however I just had a call from my dealer (Inchcape in Bridgnorth) to say it has arrived today, ready for pick up on the 1st Sept!

The spec is as follows:

Tornado Red 3dr
DSG
18" Monzas
Anthracite Leather
Xenons
Winter Pack
Reverse Sensors
Highline Computer

It's now finally sinking in that it's all happening - let the sleepless nights begin!

PS I must say that the service from Inchcape has been superb, they were very friendly and have kept me up to date with the order process, my only qualm is that they didnt know much about the Ipod integration (not really an issue, I've found out a lot more from places like this [:)]) Now if only work could let me leave early so I can go and take a look at it [:p]

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm waiting too... before the deposit I was told 1st September, once they got my money it's kinda changed to 'sometime in September'...[:mad:]

I keep getting the weekly call too but just to hear they haven't a date yet!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am waiting on my GT 170 TDI aswell [:p] ordered end of May and been getting calls every 2 weeks since and still on track to get to dealers 24th Aug. So will hopefully get it 1st Sept. I hope so anyway as been carless nearly 4 months now!

spec: Solid Black, Carpet Mats, Front centre armrest and highline computer

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well....my girlfriend just took a call from the garage saying it is being built now but instead of the 'maybe 1st week in September' it sounds more like 'sometime in October' [:mad:]

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well....my girlfriend just took a call from the garage saying it is being built now but instead of the 'maybe 1st week in September' it sounds more like 'sometime in October' [:mad:]
if its being built now id be very surprised if you didnt see it in the first 2 weeks of september, mines being built now and im expecting mine for the 1st. fingers crossed.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To all those who're getting theirs on the 1st - I hate you all [:mad:] lol

Just kidding - I wanted mine on the 1st cos that's my birthday, but beggers can't be choosers huh - maybe if I didn't spend so long dithering over my order I could've had it sooner [:cool:]

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not a VW but still exciting for me none the less.

Mine is at the dealers so all being well I'll be sorted on the 1st September.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ordered mine 2nd June, GT with DSG gearbox. Found out the other day that apparently all DSGs were scheduled for build week 35 and therefore won't get it for a few weeks into September. I was originally promised 1st, so a little disappointed.

Can't stand the wait!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah mine's been confirmed for build week 35 too..could be end of Sept. maybe Oct. I've been told [:mad:]

Before they had my cash they said 1st of September...... don't believe the hype!!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
To all those who're getting theirs on the 1st - I hate you all [:mad:] lol

Just kidding - I wanted mine on the 1st cos that's my birthday, but beggers can't be choosers huh - maybe if I didn't spend so long dithering over my order I could've had it sooner [:cool:]
Happy birthday for tomorrow :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
good luck all those who are managing to get their new golfs tomorrow , looks like mines gonna be another week[:'(].

get some pics up to help me survive the extra wait.[;)]

·
Registered
18 Posts
My GTI DSG order is a Week 35 Build.

I had an email from the dealer on Tuesday basically saying that assuming there are no manufacture or shipping delays I could have it by the 15th Sept.

But mine is a company car and we're only allowed to pickup cars between the 1st and 15th of each month (something to do with Payroll cutoff) so if I miss the 15th by even a day, I've got to wait until Mon 2nd Oct - and that'll be a killer knowing it's at the dealer ready to roll!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts