Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This should be interesting-who's mkiv has the highest mileage,my 2000 1.8t has 98k on the clock-any advance on that??

·
Registered
808 Posts
I saw a clean passat 1.8 last week with 256k on the clock, it was a taxi and on its second clutch, have to admit the suspension felt like it had done every mile, and the bloke was quite proud of it

·
Registered
131 Posts
we have a 2002 51 plate vw sharan 115tdi pd at work and it goes to bristol and back to heathrow everyday solid since new ..things is amazing to drive too...very loose tdi engine now and only had a clutch alternator and air con compressor apart fromt he servicable bits and bobs.Got 238,000 odd last time i saw it a few days back.seats r spotless including drivers as the old fella that drives it ..looks after it like his own. This vehicle is due to be replaced in end of january when its 3 years old.i think we r getting a galaxy 130pd tdi or seat 130pd replacement.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I haven't anything with starship miles but putting miles on can be done easily....

10 years ago I was working a long way from home....was there at 8am every day - back home at 7.30pm in the evening.....supposed to be 5 weeks turned into 5 months.

Had my car serviced 3 times in that period!

One week, I blew the head gasket.....i still drove it but it was using more water than fuel.

A Fiat Tipo 1.6.

Took the head off and did the gasket set on the evening after work - was done by midnight and was driving it next day.

I guess it was the easiest one i ever did!

Wretched crap build quality.....only had 28k on it, and was only 3 years old!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I can only muster 98,250 on my 2002 Golf. Did go in a taxi in Wilmslow once which was a Passat with what I am certain said 303,000 mls on the clock - that is impressive. Certiainly cheered me up as I had just bought the Golf with 90K on it.

My mileage is clocking up at the rate of 8,000 mls in 3 mths at the moment, with every chance of doubling that soon!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
There is a Skoda Octavia around here with 320,000 miles on it...its only a 2001 I think? Pretty good going. I know that Bora V5 has about 130,000 miles on his car but hes not around anymore

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well my mileage is nowhere near some of these, but I have done 10500 in my Mk5 GTTDI since 1st September, and my Bora had 75k on it, and was just under 2 years old when I got the Mk5.

Al

·
Registered
89 Posts
i have 11400 on my 99 1.8 t! it was a company car and done alot of miles before i bought it a couple of months ago! but it still drives fine nothing wrong with it!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
had a look at out sharan today its 239426..and rising ..and we expect it to be sold for ?4000 to the old boy who love it ..around 256000 by the time its sold in january i reckon

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just when I thought I'd have the top spot lol! [:D] I've got just under 160K on the clock on my Golf TDi, still goin strong. Had to replace the battery a couple of weeks ago, but thats about it apart frm all the common stuff like maf, door lock modules etc

·
Registered
6 Posts
We had up until 6 months ago a Mark II Golf CL Diesel Turbo (F - 1988) if finally gave up the ghost with 285k miles on it. The only thing that ever failed was a water pump. No problems with the Mark IV 1.8T at the moment but on reading articles I would be very surprised if it lasted above 150K without anything serious failing me.

Mark II was excellent apart from the lack of power steering.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
This is quite a relavent topic as today I have just clocked up 140K!!

Still going strong and I wouldn't change her for anything!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts