Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title, just wondering what you ended up with after your remap, was it a good increase in power & worth the pennies spent ???

·
Registered
487 Posts
my friend had is 03 PD 150 done and he gained 206bhp cant remember torque figs. Although he was kicking out a fair bit of smoke.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote: posted by asgh4r on 09/02/2005 19:14:39

my friend had is 03 PD 150 done and he gained 206bhp cant remember torque figs. Although he was kicking out a fair bit of smoke.

Was that at Jabba then ???

Sounds like he needs some Millers Diesel Power Plus, should cure his smokey clouds [:)]

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Quote: posted by asgh4r on 09/02/2005 19:14:39

206bhp from just a remap - not very likely!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Ahhhhhh, we all know Jabba's RR figures are out so why must we keep doubting figures?

We all know its about the drivability anyway.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Quote: posted by blackburn on 09/02/2005 22:13:52

just a quick q off subject lad up road has a anni 150pd an he says he has got 210bhp of a superchip is that right ?

No chance, 190bhp maybe but not 210. I run a remap, full milltek exhaust, modified air intake, and NOS and get 231bhp.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote: posted by asgh4r on 09/02/2005 22:52:19

thats it? lol cant imagine that much power from a diesel.

Why's that then ??

Is a 150 diesel engine inferior to a 150 petrol engine ??

Anyway, this wasnt a post about "my 1.8t is better than your pd150", I'm just looking for some feedback.

I had mine on Bedrocks RR & it showd 172bhp/282lb from standard, we shall see what it shows on the Jabba RR soon, then we'll see if their out/over in their figures shall we not.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well i had mine done at Jabba 6 months or so ago and i'm very pleased.

Sig gives the results, which like most people say you may or may not have to take with a pinch of salt.

Real world feel is great though and never see under 25mpg even at 140mph[:D][:D]

·
Registered
69 Posts
I mapped a Golf 150 to 204 but only for one day as a magazine feature. I then turned it back a bit as it was quite unsafe and very smokey indeed. realistic safe figures for the stock 150 are somewhere around 185. NOS works well but needs mapping specific to see the real gains of the gas. JBS/Revo method for this is good as you can switch to your NOS program for the short bursts.

Out of interest, are the superchip or RSD chips switchable in any way at all?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Superchips map is not switchable. I have no need for a switchable map, I like the power I paid for all the time and make no secret about the remap to my dealer or my insurer.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'm getting my PD140 done this week. I had it on a RR a few months ago as standard and will use the same RR in a few weeks so will be interesting to see.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Quote: posted by Irish on 20/02/2005 16:44:06

I'm getting my PD140 done this week. I had it on a RR a few months ago as standard and will use the same RR in a few weeks so will be interesting to see.

where you getting it done irish?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote: posted by thechief on 09/02/2005 21:40:00

Ahhhhhh, we all know Jabba's RR figures are out so why must we keep doubting figures?

We all know its about the drivability anyway.

exactly they don't go advertising that they can produce 60 bhp increase they tell customers that the result is because the rollers creates prolonged overboost, which is why the stock figures come out higher than standard....

as a comparison on the road their 130 remaped car was quicker than Revo PD 150 in the only road test i've seen by a magazine

·
Registered
342 Posts
Also just to add

i noticed on another site that Jabba ibiza produced the best result of the day for a Ibiza at a recent RR day while a REVO Leon Cupra R could only manage 232 bhp..... are we going to all doubt REVO figs now.... oh no thats right they don't even produce a before and after do they....

1 - 20 of 47 Posts