Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obligatory picture whoring whenever anyone picks up a new car right? [:)]

Went to pick it up yesterday; Bournemouth - Warrington - Bournemouth, left at 9am and got home at 8pm. SMG box is genius, I originally wanted a manual and so glad I didn't - paddle changes or sequential shifts, its absolutely fantastic. 27MPG average so far though it drops quite a bit when you thrash it....but screw it you only live once and this thing makes you grin ALL the time. Only problem is you cannot drive it slowly.

Plate is sold, I'll be putting mine on it

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
446 Posts
Slow mate, very slow... only joking [;)]

Awesome motor Mike, love the blip down on the paddle shift with these cars great sound! [Y] Enjoy

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You finally got it [y] awesome.
Thanks mate, yeah took long enough! No SMG problems as yet [:p] Just did the Version 8 /28 Sat Nav software upgrade...what a difference! When I got it it looked rubbish, very dated. Now got 3D Perspective maps, very pleased

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Btw , turn your automatic lighting on!! Very wise choice with the SMG, would choose that over manual anyday ...even with the problems.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Now was it you who made them tyre marks in this pic [;)] ................ be honest now [:p]

Posted Image

lovely car there too [:)]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very very VERY nice!!

Whats the one biggest thing that put a grin on your face?!
Definetly the SMG.... so much better than I expected. Smooth, quick and flexible. 5th to 3rd down shift with the paddles, throttle blips for you automatically, floor it....sweet.

NICE.... skid marks, empty car park and an M3..... good combination!! lolz
Not me actually but well spotted [:)] There are speed humps all over that car park, so annoying

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
great minds!!!
hahaha yeah

looks like i was beaten to it though [:(] lol

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
great minds!!!
hahaha yeah

looks like i was beaten to it though [:(] lol

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Definetly the SMG.... so much better than I expected. Smooth, quick and flexible. 5th to 3rd down shift with the paddles, throttle blips for you automatically, floor it....sweet.
LOL, don't tempt me! Sounds all good though. Take it your in the back of your seat in an instant!!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Beautiful car mate... so how many miles you done so far.. and whats the lowest mpg you've got as thats the fun in these cars its not how high you can get the mpg figure its if you can get them in to single figures [:D] haha.. also i just clocked on you've went for the same grey as your 330.. looks stunning [y]

Sat

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Just noticed that you went from an e46 face lift to an original e46 look.. it was a pity they never made a face lift but then again it looks more in your face with the pre facelift look. [:D]

Sat [y]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts