Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Anyone heard of or used a company called Alltech...no website, but based in Tunbridge Wells and were present at the VW Expo meet in Paddock Wood at the weekend.

Been going since 1982 and claim to be able to chip all cars, and do co-work with Jabba..

Have a summer special at the mo, will map my 150bhp 1.8t to 202bhp`ish for ?380.... no rolling road, but guaranteed power gains.

Tempted, but nervous as everyone says use Revo....but these guys saif Revo use a standard off the shelf map, where as these do a specific map tailored to each car.

Any thoughts >?

·
Registered
18 Posts
REVO remap carried out by Stealth in Warwickshire. Don't know everyone else's thoughts but I'd say the Forge valve was essential after this? Made the world of difference to my drive

·
Registered
83 Posts
APR by Tuning Werkes in Croydon.  Highly recommended and Reuben was happy to spend the time talking about the VW Golf and what to look out for.  Excellent performance gains with increased torque all the way through the rev range...

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Star performance what software do they use I know they used to be APR some years ago but not sure what they are up to these days dont read the mags anymore which was where I read about a mk3 they did ?

·
Registered
548 Posts
yes they used to use apr but now jim makes his own software maps.I am impressed, had my orig map, then changed the exhaust and he mapped the car again for free to suit my new purchase.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Interesting have you got any rolling road graphs to see how the power is produced.
i did from the 1st remap, but cant copy it, dj horace might be able to oblige, as we both have the same remap now, i dont know what the car makes now as its not been on a r/r for a while, prev was 207bhp.

failing that i will copy it in manualy.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts