Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prob been asked a thousand times[:I]

But how quick do they feel? and has anyone had a experience of racing anything in one??

Quite like the idea of a 230 bhp golf[:)]

Nick b

·
Registered
501 Posts
Mine is remapped by Jabba and you wouldn't believe the difference. It just keeps going and going. The only race (if you can call it that) was with a 106 GTI, he was giving it some but literally I was only on half throttle he moved over at 110 (kph obviously [;)]) and I left him standing.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Grez on 21/08/2004 11:06:38

all i can say is get it done, ive done a little more than just a remapp, and it can match scoobys now.

Standard WRX's maybe but a remapped like for like or even an STI? I don't think so!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I visited Awesome GTi yesterday enquiring about APR chips for my 1.8T- 20 min's later I had been graced with a free 6 hour (driving time - not actual) trial, with a 95 ron stage setting 207+ with 240lbft the car is now in another league, delivery above 2000rpm has much more clout with fantastic delivery above 4000 all the way to 7. My previous car was an A41.8T sport with 180 bhp and was quick, In comparison the golf feels much more punchy like it's hitting 60 in about 6 sec with blistering 3 rd gear overtaking. Most tuners are offering try b 4 u buy - I thought the car was quick to start off with - not any more though only got 3 hrs left before it refers to normal (which wont be for long).

·
Registered
557 Posts
chipped golfs kick ass!!!!

Only race of note so far was against a 206 gti 180. Started off behind him at one set of lights, ended up waiting for him at the next set. He gave the two thumbs up and it looked like his girlfriend was asking him why he didnt have a golf. I am seeing her tonight!!!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by blazedoobie on 02/09/2004 15:20:51

chipped golfs kick ass!!!!

Only race of note so far was against a 206 gti 180. Started off behind him at one set of lights, ended up waiting for him at the next set. He gave the two thumbs up and it looked like his girlfriend was asking him why he didnt have a golf. I am seeing her tonight!!!!

ROFL!![:D]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Quote: posted by MrW on 03/09/2004 09:30:02

Upsolute + N75J + Optimax = much fun.

Don't even consider it for any longer - just get it done. Pulls like a train and goes like a GTi should.

Who fitted your N75J, MrW ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The free APR tweek trial period elapsed as I was leaving work yesterday (after looking forward all day to a good blip home down the twisty's) it fells like the Turbo had either been de mapped it self or had dropped off!!

Time to save some pennies and pay Awesome another visit in a month or two. If your whatching, big cheers to Jon who knows his stuff who was a great help! And would recomend that anyone who fancies turning their hairdryer in to flame thrower to give him a call..

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Quote: posted by MrW on 03/09/2004 10:35:53

Dan - I did. As said above, takes about 5 mins - easier than fitting the Forge.

Is it worth me getting one before I do upsolute next year, or should I just leave it be for now ? I'd like to take a look at yours sometime matey, if that's cool with you.. can see for myself how it all goes together then. if it's easier than fitting that awkward Forge, it's gotta be easy !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts