Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Whiteline adjustable FRONT ARB

Mk4 Golf 
Tags
mk4 golf
5K views 52 replies 18 participants last post by  lil_sham 
#1 ·
Does anyone have one of these fitted?? I have looked at the rear adjustable ARB for my Bora, and noticed it shared the same part number as the rear adjustable ARB for the Golf, but they don't list the front ARB for the Bora. Wondered if anyone had one, if they were any good, and opinions as to whether the front one would fit the Bora. Am I right in saying Golf/Bora setups are identical ?

I asked Whiteline, and got a reply from a guy saying he 'presumed' the Bora setup was different to the Golf, and therefore was not listed for the Bora

#2 ·
I would say it'd fit a Bora but don't take that as gospel. I almost bought one for my Golf but didn't have the cash at the time. I like the fact the front one sits under the driveshaft though as it'd eliminate any contact on a lowered car

Posted Image

not my picture, it was posted originally by user 'jobg' some time ago

#4 ·
Hi there - I have just lowered my new bug some more and having serious clearance problems with the stock arb and the drive shaft, even with adjustable drop links. This whiteline one looks cool. So do you just attach some more brackets at the front instead of threading it through the body work? Where is the best place to buy it?

Ta

Adam

#9 ·
Hello

Our webprices for Whiteline parts are 5% off SRP. I will offer a further 15% off in the form of a cashback for anyone who orders and puts "UKMKIV Group Buy" in the "other information" field on the order form. The 15% cashback will apply to the price of the ARB only not the total amount... so for example you order a front bar http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=58887

retail price ?135. Price on site now ?128. You order online and quote "UKMKIV Group Buy" in the "other information" field on the order form. Your product will ship and your card will be creditted with a cashback of ?19.20. This makes the cost of the bar ?108 - equivalent to 20% off the SRP.

so just to recap.. order online at current price on site, quote "UKMKIV Group Buy" in the "other information" field on the order form, get 15% cashback

how does that sound?

I'll let it run till the end of the month - Nov 2006.[:D]

cheers

Julian

#11 ·
I recently ordered these from Julian, highly recommend his services. Very knowledgable, actually knows what he's selling you, not like some of these box shifting types!. Got the kit next day too, jus like he said it would be. I will be fitting the Whiteline adjustable to my TDI Bora, not aware of any issues with it. I have the rear adjustable to complement it too :)

#12 ·
thx for the compliments Necromax.

MICKSID afaik they will fit Bora. You can send it back to me if not. Please note I should say that for best handling the Mk4 platform works best with minimal lowering and adjustable rear bar only. However I know many will have lowered for looks and therefore have the clearance issue. the front arb which fits under rather than over (this is a new design) will stop the fouling in these instances. However if the car is lowered so the wishbones point up at the outboard end the car will still have a tendency to understeer. However for road use this is unlikely to ever be an issue. It's only if you venture onto a circuit you'd likely realise it.

#17 ·
Hello

Our webprices for Whiteline parts are 5% off SRP. I will offer a further 15% off in the form of a cashback for anyone who orders and puts "UKMKIV Group Buy" in the "other information" field on the order form. The 15% cashback will apply to the price of the ARB only not the total amount... so for example you order a front bar http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=58887

retail price ?135. Price on site now ?128. You order online and quote "UKMKIV Group Buy" in the "other information" field on the order form. Your product will ship and your card will be creditted with a cashback of ?19.20. This makes the cost of the bar ?108 - equivalent to 20% off the SRP.

so just to recap.. order online at current price on site, quote "UKMKIV Group Buy" in the "other information" field on the order form, get 15% cashback

how does that sound?

I'll let it run till the end of the month - Nov 2006.[:D]

cheers

Julian
Order placed! Cant wait to fit the thing [:D]

#22 ·
Hi all, just wanted to say that the adjustable rear ARB i ordered yesterday came in. Talk about speedy delivery! 10 out of 10 on service and a big thank you to Balance Motorsport. Will fit the bar over the weekend and hopefully post results shortly after [H]

#25 ·
sorry misread the post. FK bar is a front bar. Front bar will not improve handling on this car - may feel better though. All VW Mk4's need more rear bar. only fit front bar to correct clearance issue if you've lowered it too much. FK bar is ?90+vat. total ?105. With cashback the Whiteline bar will be ?90 including vat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.