Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this has been discussed, but i am actually getting to like this colour now [:O]What do u all think???????

Posted Image

·
Registered
281 Posts
I absolutely LOVE the white and I'm sure it will stand out much better than any other colour (even red). I just wonder how it will look when it is not immaculately clean. If it starts going off-white/brown, might look naff. I find that although black is hard to keep clean, it doesnt look too bad with a little dirt on it.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Quote: posted by Uzi9 on 18/01/2005 01:09:00

If it starts going off-white/brown, might look naff.

I don't think that will happen like it did with old white cars.

Just like the way I haven't seen a red or "pink with time" MKIV yet.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I really like that. You'd have to clan it daily... or have staff!

My mk2 is white, it's defo coming back into fashion ;-)

·
Registered
251 Posts
white looks really good, however black is the colour for me. My dealer told me that VW are really pushing white as a colour and encorage the dealers to shift some white versions

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
That car will be a huge hit in the US as white cars are really popular over there.

I think it looks great but white is a very brave choice in this country as only a small amount of people are willing to own one here.

·
Registered
176 Posts
makes it look quite 'retro' i think.

Looks good but i dont think i could bring myself to get a white one.

Definately Red or Silver for me. Those 18" are very nice, look

easy to clean as well!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd buy one but then I've already got a white MKIV.

I really like the rarity value - Its always turning heads.

Also as a smallish car its not that difficult to keep clean - just remember the mudflaps.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Just dont wash it with a red sock! [:)]

I like it, but not for me. I would be cleaning it even more than a black one and it would show up EVERY little bit of tar etc.

Looks funky tho!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I was close to ordering a white GTI, but after calling 9 dealer netowrks, not one had a demonstrator, or a customer order. I would have to see it in the flesh before I ordered it, so I chickened out and ordered red.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts