Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i being really silly in considering getting a white/cream GTI?

Only other colour i would consider is the black, and black is just too obvious imo.

The way i see it, white GTIS stand out from the crowd!

My neighbour runs a valeting company he gives me and my dad a good deal
?10/week for the two cars cleaned + waxed, and they come out sparkling
every time! So keeping the white GTI clean wont be an issue!

Anyone got any pictures of white/cream GTIs?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will probably have to order it new and wait, not many white GTI's on
the second hand market! There are probably only 10 worldwide HAHA!!

Im gonna do it, partly for the risq? factor and partly because it looks the DOGS!

With some tinted windows to match, should be really nice :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had a Candy White Golf Sport which i thought looked great but i missed my Mk.IV too much so it has now gone.

Go for it it will look great and will certainly stand out without looking too O.T.T !

·
Registered
164 Posts
Go for it...White IS the best colour for a GTI....period...ignor whatever anyone else tells you...white is the best and they are just all sorry they didnt have the balls to go for white to! LOL

·
Registered
779 Posts
Go for it...White IS the best colour for a GTI....period...ignor whatever anyone else tells you...white is the best and they are just all sorry they didnt have the balls to go for white to! LOL
Yep il second that black and red is the most popular in the golf range ,but ive only seen one white GTI and it looked the dogs danglys..Go for it mate..[Y]

·
Registered
294 Posts
sorry unsure on hosting but here's a quality pic link:

http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms_publish/vwcms/master_public/brand_portal/de30/models/golf/golf0/ausstattungslinien/gti.html

I think white will look superb, just dont expect everyone to like it. IMO go for it - I always look at White Mk2 GTI and they sure do it for me ; )

P.S I used to own a Mk3 Golf CL with WolfRace alloys and a few mods - that always looked the nuts when clean, just has to be clean 24/7. For us golf lovers I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
136 Posts
There is currently a 2nd hand one of VW's website thats quite highly specc'd, I think it's also overpriced but if your willing to pay!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks like white is the colour!

i take it nobody thinks much of the candy/cream white they do? or maby nobody has seen one yet!

i like the idea of it, but i think maby its a bit of a girls color - ive only seen it on a beetle cabrio!

·
Registered
285 Posts
looks like white is the colour!

i take it nobody thinks much of the candy/cream white they do? or maby nobody has seen one yet!
i like the idea of it, but i think maby its a bit of a girls color - ive only seen it on a beetle cabrio!
Have also seen the candy color on the beetle, not liking it at all. Having said that I dont usually like white cars but the GTI can pull it off without question...but that doesnt mean it can do the same for the candy color! My vote - stick with the white, you'll still be different, and it will certainly still stand out from the crowd.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah i have to do it,. everyone keeps saying its gonna be hard to get
rid of, but im gonna spend a bit of money on this golf changing a few
bits and pieces here and there, and probably have it for at least 3-4
years. By then i think the whites gonna be in fashion :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I didn't think the cream interior was an option if you ordered the GTi in White, though I amy be mistaken. go for the white I had a white MK4 and they aren't that hard to keep clean. I now have a black cabrio and thats an absolute nightmare to keep clean.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hated yellow cars until I saw an Omvi Yellow Leon Cupra.

Hated white cars until I saw an White Golf GTI.

YEAH! Go for it White is the new Black.

·
Registered
3 Posts
White is the best colour. The black grille stands out with the red trim. It makes the car look bigger too.

In my opinion, the 3-door looks better than the 5-door in white too. The 3-door looks more like an inclined wedge and the way the back windows slant downwards to meet the perfectly offset wheels make it look very low and broad.

Everyone that's seen it says it looks the bits and it never fails to turn heads. Go for it.. White, 3-door, sunroof!!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Am i being really silly in considering getting a white/cream GTI?

Only other colour i would consider is the black, and black is just too obvious imo.

The way i see it, white GTIS stand out from the crowd!

My neighbour runs a valeting company he gives me and my dad a good deal
?10/week for the two cars cleaned + waxed, and they come out sparkling
every time! So keeping the white GTI clean wont be an issue!

Anyone got any pictures of white/cream GTIs?
[H]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 23 Posts