Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
A lot too much in my humble opinion. Something with black centres might be interesting but I think white wheels would be OTT. I find that one of the things with a white car is that it can look like a bland and featureless blob unless you've got a few interesting things to break up the overall shape. Just my opinion, I'm interested to hear what others have to say though.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi Mate

This would be an opinion I am afradi.

I have seen a white mk4 and it looked fantastic.

But IIRC it did not have white wheels on.

It was beautiful car and nippy too.

But in my opinion it may be a bit much.

You could try to do photoshop and this could help you decide on what YOU think.

Sarah

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
All white could look good but depends on the style/type of wheel. IIRC, an all white US Mk4 with white CHs was posted some time ago - it looked the biz.

All white with black wheels is another alternative look[H]

Welcome to the forum btw[:)]

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Might look a bit 1980's, but would depend a lot on the whole finished article. White LM's possibly, with a polished rim ??

But personally I wouldn't go there, could prove a costly venture and if your not happy with it..... !!!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I think it looks OK but I wouldn't rate the wheels as stunning. Still don't think it's worth taking the risk unless you do a lot of Photoshop work first and you are sure that's what you really want.

Just an aside, the tailgate of that car looks too featureless IMO despite the lights and rear valance adding interest. That's what I was trying to say before about white cars.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think that white golf with white bbs ch's looks the mutts nuts! Anybody got any info. on what shade of white it is and a link to some more pitcures?

What do people think about a white anniversary golf with matching white anni bbs rc's?

Sean...

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
White wheels on white cars 'can' look fantastic, but can also look pants.

They look awesome on most jap cars, touring cars and rally slagesque cars.

None of which a mk4 Golf is. It just doesn't keep in touch with the car in my opinion.

White with black alloys (and maybe some cheeky polished lippage) now your are talking!

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
but they'd be a 'mare to clean! [;)] You'll be cleaning em all day everyday!
Got white alloys on 'er Mini. PITA to keep clean, as they are covered in brake dust within a few days, and if you don't keep on top of it it really takes to the wheels.

The upshot is as the car is blue, I can get away with washing just the wheels and it looks like i've done the rest of the car as its the sparking white wheels that stand out!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I love white cars with white wheels, i think it stems from the ITR i used to own, im just wondering 1) wether it would suit the golf and 2) if it is sacrilege to do it to a Genuine Anniversary Golf taking into consideration its got 223bhp (see signature) so its not all show and no go!

Reason is the bodywork needs some tlc and its practically in need of every panel having some attention, even the roof!

Sean...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.