Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short story. He was driving on my bumper for 3 miles. cyclist infront so i slowed to 30 put it in 2nd and gunned it. Got 4 car lengths then his VETC woke up and went past me like i was stood still.

Shockingly fast car

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I thought i was doing well against one when i had the Golf.... but then all hell broke loose with the Civic as just about when i was gonna shift up, it went beserk.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I used to have one and yes it is a very very fast car and in reality it will whip a civic type r, no suprise that it beat a gti TBH I reckon mine would easy keep up/beat an r32...... though the fact I sold mine and bought a vw says something else.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
VTi/VTEC/Type R + Horace = [:D][^][:)][:D]

I loved both my Hondas. If they sold the new Integra and in Type R form here, I would be driving one. Fantastic cars.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
sorry but even with a chip the ATR will whip you especially on the twisty stuff those things handle better than imprezas even in stock form, and are seriously light Honda even removed all sound deadening in them

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Andy's right. The way that thing took off it may have kept up with my old MR2s. Wonder what i can get as a trade-in on mine [:p] Joke!

·
Registered
990 Posts
I followed one of these off a roundabout yesterday and was glued to his bumper before he moved over at 120mph. They're not that fast.

The S2000, now that's a fast car. Just to point out that there is no way the ATR does 0-60 in 6.1secs. The S2000 only does it in 6.2 and it is rwd and lighter and has 240 v 209.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote: posted by dc on 03/02/2005 23:40:47

I followed one of these off a roundabout yesterday and was glued to his bumper before he moved over at 120mph. They're not that fast.

The S2000, now that's a fast car. Just to point out that there is no way the ATR does 0-60 in 6.1secs. The S2000 only does it in 6.2 and it is rwd and lighter and has 240 v 209.

Evo tests are done in the real world. The Honda Figures are 6.9 so its very possible to get 6.1. My Golf should be 8.6 but on my first ever go i got 8.1

having driven an S2000 i can tell you it is fast but I can believe this ATR keeping up with it from what it showed tonight.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote: posted by thechief on 03/02/2005 23:40:53

220bhp at 15-16psi with the same torque.

Very impressive mate, you must have a blast driving that around [:D] I still think the Accord would win but it would be a lot closer than my standard GTI [xx(]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts