Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just need some advice from anyone with a bit of vw electrical knowledge :) bought myself a auto dimming mirror to try and retrofit into my golf and need to know which wires to use.

Posted Image

as its not standard on my car im going to use 'foxys' guide to fit it ,i dont want the rain sensor just the auto dim so which three wires do i need to use ? like a numpty i pulled the plug off without seeing which colour was which number [facepalm]

i was gonna attach 3 wires and wire the loom through the existing mirror bracket. and from what i can gather i need to run a wire to the reverse signal wire blue/white near bonnet release handle, but can the other 2 be connected into the courtesy light somehow and if so which ones ?

mirror is currently dismantled and being sprayed black.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks mate ive been searching but never seem to find out the answer to what i need, the link you found does seem to tell me what i need [y]

1 White - switched ( Fuse 5 )

2 Black - Earth ( Suitable earth point )

3 Light Blue - Reverse signal ( Orange Wire in Plenum )

4 Yellow

5 Brown

6 Empty

so guess its time to get the soldering iron out !

thanks for your help mate

·
Registered
219 Posts
i got the kufatec wiring loom and it was straitforward but if u dont have the rain sensor it may be a waste of money for u. i didn't bother with the reverse signal wire, id rather look over my shoulder than look in the mirror when reversing at night lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts