Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which 17" alooys do you think look best on the mk5? I'm drawn to the Indyianapolis and the Grand Prix. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
They all look great but the Grand Prix look the best to me but then they should as they are the most expensive. They'd probably be the hardest to keep looking good though.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I prefer Estorils too. Out of the two, I like the GP more (a bit BBS-ish) and I haven't seen many MK5s witham but again harder to keep clean.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Grand Prix's! look amazing on a black car anyway, not too sure on others. Mine is arriving next tuesday for me so can't wait. Swine to clean though i'm told

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Quote: posted by Wolfchild on 04/04/2005 15:25:27

Grand Prix's! look amazing on a black car anyway, not too sure on others. Mine is arriving next tuesday for me so can't wait. Swine to clean though i'm told

Get em well waxed up from day one and it will be easier.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My deal;er says they cant get GTI alloys except on new GTI's (which they cant get either). Is this correct or is my dealer just being a nob? What happens if you have a prang and need a couple of new GTI alloys. Is there another way of getting them other than from a dealer?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
1. Speak to someone on the forum who has the 17" variety and wants to upgrade to Monza II's (18").

2. Keep looking on (German) ebay - they come up from time to time, usually 17" ones.

·
Registered
689 Posts
s19652 you need to upload pictures to the web then link top them. Try tinypic, its instant and you dont have to sign up.

·
Vendor
1,041 Posts
The boss has some standard 17" gti rims for sale if anyones interested! Just delivery mileage, as the BBS CH's went one within a few days

Regards

Dean

1 - 20 of 20 Posts