Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure which viair compressor to get tbh this link has a good range of the different ones but as said im not sure which one...... http://www.mattsavage.com/acatalog/Compressor_units_12_volt.html

which do others run and how do they find them?

would having 2 compressors cut the filling times down by half or is it best to get one better quality unit?

are the price of the ones on the website any good? as I aint seen them on any UK sites only ones from the US!

Thanks for any replys

Joe

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that the 400 and the 380 are both fine but there is so many to choose from [:S]

·
Something about a mkIV, a TFSI, 4motion and the tr
3,103 Posts
G-werks supply a 380C one that works on 100% cycle. I THINK the 380 is in reference to the volume of air it can pass and the percentage could be to do with the amount of work the compressor puts in. Don't really know. [:cool:]

However, you can buy these on their own from G-werks: http://www.g-werks.com/shop/product/Viair-380C-Chrome-Compressor-200-PSI/

And two compressors of the same time should effectively half the tank fill time. But if you're using a decent size tank it shouldn't need filling that often. [y]

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
I think most people run 400 or 444's there was a really informative post on here about them ill try and find it.

and yeah 2 comps will cut down filling time and as the bloody noisy its probably a good shout[Y]

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh and then you can get the same one in chrome but I THINK thats for cosmetic reasons so it wont fade and will look nice and shiny all the time

we need an air ride section [8o|]

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That one from G-werks seems a good price [Y]

and I am will be running 145-150psi max and I suppose I could allways add another one in to the system if I want to, but then do they need to be the same size or not? like could I have a 400 and a 380? silly question but price is a big thing in my build so that extra little bit I can save could pay for other things I need for it.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
oh and then you can get the same one in chrome but I THINK thats for cosmetic reasons so it wont fade and will look nice and shiny all the time

we need an air ride section
here here!!

my coilovers are down... i have run out of low without stupid rubbage... ... air is comming this year for real...

took these today as it goes, Sorry to whore!

Front

Posted Image

Rear..

Posted Image

Reverse rake a little but hey...

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
joe are you building your system up bit by bit? you got your bags and lines yet?

im buying it all on the cheap bit by bit also be good to know what you find. ill pop my finds up 2morrow... the missis is giving me that look so....[whistle]

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah I am I have my front bags/shocks (bag over coil) I have my air tank (5 gallon) I have my air line (6mm or 1/4") and my valves (4 1/4" asco solinoid valves) but I need 4 more

all I am looking for is my rear bags but I no about them and the compressor the rest of the things I no what I want its just a case of getting them [Y]

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hahaha that link just made it worse as thers now 2 others that I am thinking of getting! I should go with the cheap option as the only difference is the filling time and noise and im trying to do it on a budget but I am thinking of gettin the 480 then adding another later on in the year [*-)]

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
haha, sorry bud, if your doing things on a budget then id definitely go for one first then see how you get on, that said im fairly sure that viair do dual packs of the 444's and there a bit cheaper as theres two of them[Y]

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah the 380 dual pack is £300 ish but that works out the same as getting 2 from G-werks anyway so I think I will probably go for this one but I would like to no from some of the air ride boys what they run and how they rate them

Thanks for all the help Shammy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts