Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
World's Laziest Wheel Refurber
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I need some new tyres.

I have 17x7.5J TT Ronal wheels. Need a bit of stretch so that I stop scuffing the arches on the corners, so going to go for a 205, but do I need a 40 or 45 profile.

Also, any recommendations on tyres... Reasonable mileage, and good in wet and dry. I do like to have a bit of fun sometimes [au] Been looking at Avon ZZ3's, Nankang NSII's. A local tyre garage also said Marangoni. Been reading some online reviews, but I know that different tyres behave differently on a mixture of cars.

Would like some feedback and opinions on what to go for

Cheers

·
Registered
234 Posts
what size where you original wheels and tyres? I would have thought the overall diameter if 205 40 or 45 17 will be smaller than your orginals. It is certainly smaller than the 195 70 15 mine has fitted at the moment. This will mean your speedo will read higher.

Also, I have noticed that 205 on 17s tend to be more expensive the 225, I guess due to them being less common.

·
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Rabbitstu. I know its going to affect the rolling radius [:(] but perhaps it means I'll be driving slower[cop]

Any chance to pic whore there JJ....nice wheels btw [whistle][:DD] I really should've gone for a ride in yours with those [:(] Although I think think Dubbed_Bora has 205 40s [*-)]

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I think Pat (dubbed_bora) went for 45 profiles in the end. [*-)]

You'll think you're going 100 when in fact it's only 92! [:)] Oh wait, we don't have proper engines [facepalm]

·
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still a toolbox [:p] yea ok....that does weigh a bit[:$]

But the wheels?? Now I clear my adjusters the floors the limit[paperbag] Might be worth checking to see if your tyres are rubbing the adjusters on your JOMs since I think your seat wheels are et35??[:p]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts