Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from 'My car went bang' topic, i'm now after some advice.

I've seen a 130 PD turbo for sale

Would it fit straight on to my 115?

Would any other mods need doing? Would it need re-mapping afterwards?

Failing that do you know anywhere that supplies turbos?

Thanks Lee

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
You may need the exhaust manifold as well but I can't remember. Then
you'll need to get it mapped to take advantage of the new turbo.

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did think the two were the same, I thought it was the 150PD that was the larger turbo?

Are the turbos Garret???

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to note, the turbos are Garret and the 115/130PD use the VNT-15 and the 150PD uses the VNT-17.

I'm going to put a 150 turbo on mine now[H].

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Amar is the one who convinced me to go with the 150 turbo. He is going to be doing the work on my car, he certainly knows his stuff.

Some of the 150 turbos come with the manifold already on them, so I believe its a just a case of connecting them up.

I thought a bigger intercooler would be needed too but Amar said he spoke to some chaps at VW Central and they have been running the VNT-17 with the standard intercooler without any problems, so if I wanted to I could always add it at a later date.

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I managed to find one, brand new original VW part, cost ?340 delivered[Y]

Just need to wait to get it delivered now, then get it fitted together and then Simon is going to re-map me again so I may see a nice power increase.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I managed to find one, brand new original VW part, cost ?340 delivered[Y]

Just need to wait to get it delivered now, then get it fitted together and then Simon is going to re-map me again so I may see a nice power increase.
Nice one for going down this route Lee, good on ya. Every cloud etc etc.....[Y]

Keep us updated with your progress.

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers Adi, will keep you updated.

Tom- Haven't got that far yet, was just trying to find a turbo first. Should know over the next few days so i'll let you know.

Thanks by the way Tom, the turbo i'm buying was from one of those Ebay links you posted up, luckily it hadn't met its reserve[H]

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
small detail I thought that another difference between a 130 and a 150 was the addition oil cooler. I think I have located it, small square tank with fins on in-between the rad and the engine (if I remember)

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
No worries Lee, I got mine in a similar way I bid ?175 not expecting to win it, no one else bid so he gave me a second chance offer on it for ?155 for a new ko3s ! think I'm going to get it checked over just in case then its a samco tip and another remap and the smile will get even bigger !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts