Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've managed to source myself some anthracite optic trim and walnut trim to replace my dark wood trim in my my MK4 Golf.

Which one would you guys go for.

Cheers
Ray

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
You sly doggy!!!!!, whats the anthracite trim look like?, i saw the gold optic trim in a friends car and it does look good but i want more of a silver flair in the trim, so i may go for silver net optic or anthracite depending on what looks good!!!, definately give the walnut trim in the garden and maybe some squirells will take it away!.[:p]

Zak

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zak, it was rude to refuse it, need to buy a few pieces for it, climate control surround and one passager side door handle, someone tried to remove the optic trim. Looks difference shades in different light conditions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I thought mine was carbon fibre effect, but now i'm not sure, it might be that anthracite one, i'll have to check when the wife gets in from work.

Can you get a carbon fibre one? Its not one of those stick on sets (i don't think it is anyway, but now i'm wondering).

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris,
it will be most likely be the anthracite one. Whats your opinion on it. In certain light it looks silver

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
mine never seems to look silver, but that might just be me cos i'm a little colourblind.

i like mine but was thinking about a change, defo better than the wood anyway!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
on looking at the pics again i'm sure mine is more of a square pattern?, i'll check when the wife gets in and try and stick up a piccy later on.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chris if you've got that trim, that is quite rare. Do you agree with me LHDV5

Strange, the Bora's got better heater vents than the Golf and also better trim options in the UK.

I've got to agree with you all, the optic trim looks so much better than the dark wood trim I have and the walnut.

I've got to get a few pieces to make my optic trim mint, like my dark wood and walnut trim is.

Ray

·
Registered
398 Posts
Don`t mean to dash...(pardon the pun).. anyones hope of fitting a complete set of this trim....but the problem you will prob come up against is you can only get a majority of the trim pieces in LHD only......The only complete matching set that can be fitted is the Bora sport trim.....(which is Gold Optic)..RS Golf and myself have been trying for ages to locate the part no`s for this trim in RHD.....but unfortunatly can confirm it has never been produced for the uk market in RHD format......[:(][:(]

I personally have resorted to Gold Optic door handles......and a LHD Silver Optic kit for the centre consol.......Only prob being is the ashtray lid has the wrong angle to it on the back edge...(leaves a small gap)...but does hardly notice TBH....[;)]

Nick

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don`t mean to dash anyones hope of fitting a complete set of this trim....but the problem you will come up against is you can only get a majority of the trim pieces in LHD only......The only complete matching set that can be fitted is the Bora sport trim.....(which is Gold Optic)..RS Golf and myself have been trying for ages to locate the part no`s for this trim in RHD.....but unfortunatly can confirm it has never been produced for the uk market in RHD format......[:(][;)][:(]

I personally have resorted to Gold Optic door handles......and a LHD Silver Optic kit for the centre consol.......Only prob being is the ashtray lid has the wrong angle to it on the back edge...(leaves a small gap)...but does hardly notice TBH....[;)]

Nick
Nick I should be ok. I've bought the optic anthracite trim from a 2002 Bora. I need to buy the climate control surround and one passenger side door handle.

The trim I've bought, it has white sticker on each piece, says W17NE5GB2ZS/B28, can someone explain this to me.

Does that mean W17NE5GB2ZS/B28 = 2ZS is the trim colour - if thats the case I have black/brown optic looking at Etka.

Cheers
Ray

·
Registered
690 Posts
I'm not sure of the availability of the trims in the UK as I have a LHD car.

I've only ever been in one Golf with this trim and I must say it looks really nice, miles better than the fake wood trims and refreshingly different from the Anni/R32 aluminium decor.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
No i was wrong it is the anthracite net optic one, i do like the retro look one though.

Where do you get these from? i could do with a new ash tray cover mine has a few little marks that annoy me!

·
Registered
398 Posts
aRd......thats good news then.....I have to confess we didnt try to get part no`s for ALL the trim options.....were mainly interested in the Silver and gold......seems the one you have is standard on some UK bora`s then...(perhaps the later ones???)...if I recall your right mate 2ZS should be the trim code......

Good find dude....always nice to have something a little different from the norm....[Y]

Nick

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Nick

cheers I think it was standard on the Bora ST and later on in the Bora Highline. I think the Bora Sport got walnut trim, same with the 4mo..

could you do me a favour and look on one of your trim bits, ie, diagnosis cover and tell me if you have a white sticker on and tell me what it say.

I just want to confirm if that is the trim colour on the white sticker.

Nick I really like the optic silver, looks the dub'olox.

aRd

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi aRd, I have a diagnostic cover in the optic. Part no 1J0 858 035 B - there is a white sticker which says W32 2ZS A13 of which the 2ZS refers to the colour which is Black/Brown Net Optic.

some more colour options I have on my pc ;o)

2B9 = Black / Anthracite Net Optic
2ZS = Black / Brown Net Optic
4J4 = Brushed Aluminium
2S2 = Black / Silver Net Optic
93A = Myrtle Black

cheers. Pat

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi aRd, I have a diagnostic cover in the optic. Part no 1J0 858 035 B - there is a white sticker which says W32 2ZS A13 of which the 2ZS refers to the colour which is Black/Brown Net Optic.

some more colour options I have on my pc ;o)

2B9 = Black / Anthracite Net Optic
2ZS = Black / Brown Net Optic
4J4 = Brushed Aluminium
2S2 = Black / Silver Net Optic
93A = Myrtle Black

cheers. Pat
Pat thank you, any chance of some pics of your install trim

problem with this optic trim, it changes shades in different lights. Looks grey silver at times as well.

Does anyone know the part no for the passenger door handle. and the climate control surround.

This is the part no I've came up with
climate surround - 1J0 907 047 L 2ZS
handle - 1J0 867 171 - need it to be black with the 2ZS inlay. So I need the colour code.

Cheers
Ray

1 - 20 of 29 Posts