Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm after a new suspension set up as the current struts (FK) have given up and slightly intoxicated oil all over my alloys!!!

I'm not fussed about being adjustable, just a decent, reliable, reasonably priced set of shocks to lower it about 40-50mm.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
76 Posts
Quote: posted by jblack on 07/04/2005 13:44:12

Hello All,

I'm after a new suspension set up as the current struts (FK) have given up and slightly intoxicated oil all over my alloys!!!

I'm not fussed about being adjustable, just a decent, reliable, reasonably priced set of shocks to lower it about 40-50mm.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Jim

I've just bought Koni Yellow Sport shocks with eibach pro spring kit, heard that to be an excellent combination. Have yet to fit ,so will confirm once I can figure out how to adjust the shocks as they aren't top adjustable so have to be done off the car on my A4. Also bilstein are decent shocks as well for the drop your looking for, i'm going for 35mm drop as it will give a comfortable ride with improved handling. Hope that helps[:D]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Also forgot to mention I bought the setup from your neck of the woods. A company called www.motorsportworld.co.uk excellent service with a very good price on my setup.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I bought my KW coilovers from them.Or shall i say my ex did before we split he he.

Excellent service from those guys.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Quote: posted by jblack on 07/04/2005 13:44:12

Hello All,

Any ideas?

Cheers, Jim

What suspension have you got on it at the mo mate.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote: posted by smithjoe on 07/04/2005 20:26:36

What suspension have you got on it at the mo mate.

Just a set of fixed height (40mm-45mm) FK shocks and springs.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Is it the FK Hightec kit? Im looking into this set up at the mo, what is it like, is it very hard, how does it handle ect. Thanks Joe

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: posted by smithjoe on 07/04/2005 22:36:14

Is it the FK Hightec kit? Im looking into this set up at the mo, what is it like, is it very hard, how does it handle ect. Thanks Joe

Just had a look, it's not Hightec kit. It's just a fixed height cheapo kit they made. One of the front struts went about 4 months ago so I put the stock one back in as a temp relacement. Just last week one of the rear ones exploded too wich is why I'm after a new set up. They were ony on the car for about 15 months/18000 miles.

Cheers,Jim

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've decided to go the Highsport route. Cheapest I've found is ?451inc from Awesome. Anyone seen cheaper?

I'm a newb to Coil overs. Can someone confirm the Highsport kit is all I'll need to do the job. Don't need any new bump stops or anything? Just fit the kit and drive?

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote: posted by jblack on 08/04/2005 13:16:02

I'm a newb to Coil overs. Can someone confirm the Highsport kit is all I'll need to do the job. Don't need any new bump stops or anything? Just fit the kit and drive?

Anyone?

·
Registered
942 Posts
There was a group buy a while ago, think they were doing the for ?400. Do a search mate. Send R1GTI a PM he can get them for about ?400 i think.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've managed to source them for ?400 delivered. Any ideas/advice on weather I'll need anything else done after fitting them?

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
602 Posts
Quote: posted by jblack on 12/04/2005 17:18:18

I've managed to source them for ?400 delivered. Any ideas/advice on weather I'll need anything else done after fitting them?

Cheers, Jim

Laser wheel alignment

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I just ordered a set of Highsports as well today for ?400, I was very pleased. I don't think I will be attempting to fit them myself though. How much is laser wheel alignment?

·
Registered
836 Posts
They'll come with everything you need to fit but you may have trouble with the dreaed ARB rub if you still have standard bars

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: posted by Caged on 13/04/2005 08:49:11

They'll come with everything you need to fit but you may have trouble with the dreaed ARB rub if you still have standard bars

Touch wood I should be ok. I'm 35mm (ish) lower at the moment with no problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts