Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Quote: posted by marriedblonde on 08/01/2005 13:55:56

And if anyone wants a road angel 2 I have one left...

How much?

YOGi

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I've owned a few & the RA2 is the best so far.

So far Ive owned

SNOOPER S5-R

ROAD ANGEL

ROAD ANGEL 2

·
Registered
100 Posts
If your comfortable with computers then I'd recommend getting a PDA and using TomTom Navigator in conjunction with CheckPOInt software. This gives you satellite navigation and speed camera detection.

However it's a little bit of a hassle to use in comparison to one of the off the shelf detectors.

Dave

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have got RA Classic, and when the years subscription I paid for runs out summer next year, I will then probably get RA2.

But the RA's get the vote!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
So are they good then, I do a lot of miles in the car, sometimes on unfamiliar roads and could do with one, but is it a pain taking them out when u park up etc etc??

Really am after a RA2 Though... just price putting me off [:(]

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a Bell Euro 550 (rader/laser) detector. It's very good and has an adequate range for gatso's.

I haven't convinced myself that a gps device with a static (albeit updated) list of trap positions is the best idea. What about mobile cameras and new cameras. Also the detector tells me which ones are working and which aren't.

·
Registered
102 Posts
my dad sells speed detectors as a bit of a side line to his business and he swears by the micropilot/roadpilot, complete with laser head and radar head. He's tried all the rest and he found this to be the best because there are no false alarms. The only problem with the roadangel is that is has blackspots marked where there always nearly isnt a camera, so it beeps for no reason.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Origin B2 I believe is better than the Road Angel because:

It is smaller and much more discreet looking

It has a docking cradle, meaning u can take the B2 out of the car in a milli-second (good for security reasons)(nothing needs unplugging, no mess, no flaffing about - unlike Roadangel)

B2 has a million menu options, allowing you to customise the unit to your needs (ie turn off blackspot warnings, turn off school warnings, change Volume/speech settings, change lighting options, ability to add a deflector/laser jammer)

It also doesn't BLEEP unless you ARE SPEEDING. Very handy if u are sitting in a traffic jam approaching a Gatso!!!! (the Road Angel justs BLEEPS AND BLEEPS until u past the gatso. Not good in Grid locked London)

The B2 also displays the SPEED LIMIT (of the road)of the approaching Gatso (or specs or whatever..)

Excellent customer services/back up from Manufacturer.

I must add that neither B2 or Roadangel has ever failed me, or given any false warnings. Always update them every 2 weeks for better protection.

As I have heard, RoadAngel2 is much better than RA1. But still some way off the B2..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts