1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

ATM the golfy Im getting has audi A8 rims and I think they look ace on
the car as its black the only prob is lots of golfys has them [:(]

They all have good tyres, toyo proxies, how much do u think I could get for them if I was to sell?

Has anybody got any suggestiosn as to what to go for? Or pics?

Got the R32 front but Im going to be getting the rest of the kit too shortly.

I love multispokes so would prefer them but Im open to suggestions!

Kaen xx

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Karen,

If the A8's are genuine and not replicas (and in good condition) you should easily see around ?700 for them. I personally recommend anything in 18" or 19" by BBS. I chose BBS CH's which suit my R-Line well!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I've really no idea - but BBS wheels like this tend to be around a grand with tyres. So add importation costs, or speak to BBS' UK importer to see if they can help:

Great Britain
Motorsport Tuning
10-11 Thurrock Park Way
Tilbury
Essex RM18 7HZ
Tel.: +44 1375 489510
Fax : +44 1375 843094
E-Mail: [email protected]
www.mstuning.co.uk

Or, as you're based in Scotland, speak to the helpful guys at www.motorsportworld.co.uk - I got my H&R suspension and Powerflex bushes from them, top service [Y]

You'll get some fair dough for selling your old rims, and at the risk of sounding like my dad [:D] how about saving up, you'll have the money in no time! BBS makes the same old wheels year in, year out, so they won't go anywhere [:)]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Think Im going to try hunt for a set of anniversary wheels!
Don't do it... Yes they are totally gorgeous and look perfect on the car, but they also have an inherent problem with corrosion due to lacquer peeling off and also bubbling. Check out this forum alone for the problems people have had. I looked at a set at my dealer on Sat and it appears they are just lacquered straight onto polished metal and this may be the problem: the stuff just doesn't stick that well to metal. Get original BBS-branded RCs instead, they have a painted (and then lacquered) finish that does not have this problem.

BBS RS2s look pretty sweet as well, saw an OEM set on a TT in Waitrose last week, lovely.

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/253705/ShowPost.aspx

I have RXs in 17 and they look reasonably subtle, can also put a VW centre cap on for OEM look.

Posted Image

·
Registered
445 Posts
i would agree with you Shiuming that these wheels would not out last most of the bbs range, but the rc's, yes there cracking wheels but there a joke, they cost the earth and you would be lucky to have a set a year without the lacquer breaking down. as for the ace 112's when they start to look a bit naff all you do is get them shot blasted and re-painted for about ?25 a wheel and there you go, as new. Its all about cost and the ace range give you good value for money. I have had my car 2ish years and this is the 4th set of wheels ive had on it so if i was buying bbs every time i would need a very large pay rise.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Just to put a dampner on things the RGR in a 18-8.5 inch rim only will set you back approx ?1800 plus import tax and shipping cost so ?2300/2400 all in with tyres plus your taxes etc [+o(]

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just to put a dampner on things the RGR in a 18-8.5 inch rim only will set you back approx ?1800 plus import tax and shipping cost so ?2300/2400 all in with tyres plus your taxes etc [+o(]
After alot of emails and calls i could'nt get much better than that, i was qouted 1480 (give or take a few pence on exchange rate) without tyres & tax. So it was back to the drawing board for me..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts