Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which rear wipper do i need to tidy up the rear of my golf, is it a polo or a fabia? as i cant remember[:I]

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Quote: posted by sgt.banjo on 18/03/2005 23:18:57

Is the Fabia wiper a straight swap or is there modifying required? I don't have a spoiler.

Sarge

Straight swap. Two twists of a nut and its down. Came in at under ?20 for the wiper arm, cover and blade

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have the gti spoiler with the v cut out for the arial. will the fabia work ok with this??

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Not sure. You have to buy it from Skoda though as the golf one is different. Halfrauds do their own version of the blade but it is ?11.99 [:(]

·
Registered
427 Posts
Quote: posted by Starry on 19/03/2005 07:18:42

i have the gti spoiler with the v cut out for the arial. will the fabia work ok with this??

No. It will catch. Either get the Fabia part *and* the A4 part and make 1 wiper out of the two arms, or get a Polo/Mk5 Golf wiper.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Is the MKV golf wiper a direct fit, no mods, screw off, screw on and also an Aero style wiper?

For those who don't know what an aero wiper is, it's just a rubbery blade with an in built piece of metal which causes it to curve when not on the screen. There is no fancy multi branch metal arrangment holding the blade in place like a normal wiper.

Sarge

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have a fabia wiper 4 sale, see classifieds. Had it proffesinally shortened by the bodyshop and colourcoded so it wouldnt catch my standard spoiler.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts