Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been going through this stuff a bit rapidly lately, so gonna get a gallon bottle next time around.

I was just wondering which one you all find best out of the megs, poorboys, clearkote etc. I'm tended to sway towards the clearkote quik shine, but was just curious as to which other types you all find to be the best?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Megs Speed Detailer is the only one I've ever really used and it works fine for me.

It made Mark (Tabs) shurrup his moaning about my car being a bit dusty at Inters, put it that way [;)]

C

PS - I'm kiddin Mark [;)]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
where did you manage to get that stuff by the gallon? cheapest I could find teh chemical guys stuff was ?8 a bottle, but couldnt buy gallon sizes of it?
I asked David G at carwashandwax for some, ?21.99 plus ?4.95 delivery. Worth ordering some other stuff at the same time [:D]

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did a search on detailing world after I posted, he mailed me back this morning with the same price, dont know which one he is going to send mind you, but he said he's getting some more in on monday.

Which other chemical guys stuff is good? I've only got the www wax, which seems impressive for the price, pretty much stocked up on everything else at the minute[;)]

waiting for some stuff off autobrite at the minute aswell, have been for a long time now, their delivery times are absolutely cr*p, wont be using them again!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Which other chemical guys stuff is good?
Everything I have tried so far has been excellent:

XXX Hardcore wax - fantastic stuff, supposedly very "similar" to Souveran [;)]
WWW Wax - Great as you know, very good over the XXX
Swirl Removers are very "Similar" to the Poorboys range [;)]
Used the Laser Buff on my mothers MX5 - really cleared the paintwork up.
M Seal - two coats on the MX5. Really "Popped" the flake.
The Synthetic Detailer is superb - on top of a two coats of XXX and one WWW it looks great.

Very impressed with the quality and price of the products so far.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I've heard great things about the megs last touch. So i'm considering some of that for pc pad spraying. as i'm currently using megs NXT QD and at 7-8 a bottle (cant remember how much it is) its a tad expensive to be using as a spritz.

having said that, i'm also toying with a gallon of clearkotes QD....

good question this one!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I've always been a fan of the Megs NXT QD until recent times when I bought a bottle of PoorBoys Spray & Gloss QD & a bottle of Pinnicle Carnuba Spritz QD

However, my latest purchase is ZYMOL Field Glaze QD, whooo its good stuff [:D] I keep it chilled in the fridge now as I Spit & shine her most times & cold QD works better for this, but even as a quick wipe over material after washing the results are [Y]

Blimey I'VE JUST READ THIS AGAIN, I have 4 types of QD in my collection at the moment, how sad am I [:S]

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
oooh, the Sonus stuff. i guess it gets forgotten as its not THAT readily available.

intersting to see its good though.

but at the end of the day, whats makes a QD good?

resultant shine and ease of buffing i guess?

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
The Sonus range is available from Tim at Cleanyourcar.co.uk.

Make sure you get the Carnuba QD though, they also do synth SQ which I
bought in error from the polishing company and its pants - doesn't work
at all with carnuba waxes like zymol and P21 etc.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts