Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
None for me either! Have you looked at the Oettinger kit?

See if you can find Baker21's and Nudda's bora's! They look fantastic!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are others on the market i am just trying to find an individual look. I appreciate peoples honesty, any ideas and pics let me know

cheers[:)]

·
Registered
1,669 Posts

1- Street fighter 2 kit
2 - RS look
3 - GT race

Has anyone actually seen theses kits opinions on them
Personally, mate I think they are all hideous but if I had to then it would be No 1, but only if it was life or death !!!

You can get a .:R bumper for the Bora, which doesn't look too bad, but personally I'm not a huge fan of the car itself, how about something original like a Golf fronted Bora, with a R32 bumper. The 'GoR32', but again anything with a .:R bumper IMO should have the necessary Gee Gee's, not to look a prat at the lights !!!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Its not a kit you would have to mod the whole front end a la, the very few Bora's (Bora fronted Golfs), but obviously the other way round, I imagine it would be quite a job and not cheap, but quite original.

As for the .:R bumper, you can buy them off the shelf to fit the Bora (I dont remember where I saw one !!Doh), then a set of side skirts and a smoothed rear end, job done.

One idea would be to find someone who wants a Bora, then do a swap with the salvagable parts, cheaper for both parties.

Am I getting carried away ?????

Try this link ; http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1274949 for a how to guide.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I like number 1 best, as a total package I think it's the smartest by far. Only thing I'd prefer is GTI/R32 style black mesh opposed to metal in the lower grille. Possibly with fogs.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like you thinking and over the weekend i was giving it quite a lot of thought, and i do like the idea of  a golf front end on a bora, but where to find the parts and the cost could be a deciding factor. Has anyone done this , and where did you get the parts, any pics of any conversions. I am getting quite excited about all this now ....sad is'nt it .

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I don't know who, but someone on here has a Bolf, so find him/her and have a chat.  Would be highly original, maybe reasons as to that though !!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts