Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those that have had a basic remap to their TDI (any BHP/tuner/chip), in your opinion which OEM chassis component is shown up as being the most inadequate afterwards [?].

If i were to remap my TDI130, my budget would be limited to either a suspension or brake upgrade not both.

Thanks for voting/any other opinions..............

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Other: You inability to keep the speed down...lol[:D]

Just out of interest, how much will it alter my 0-60 time & my top speed when I have my 150 jabbered ??

Ive read some claiming to get 160mph out of a chipped 1.8t/R32, is that possible ????

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote: posted by Jace on 08/10/2004 13:32:53

Just out of interest, how much will it alter my 0-60 time & my top speed when I have my 150 jabbered ??

Sorry, i have no idea, or was that a general question to everyone [?].

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by 02 Bora on 08/10/2004 13:36:32

Quote: posted by Jace on 08/10/2004 13:32:53

Sorry, i have no idea, or was that a general question to everyone [?].

Just a general question.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I would say suspension mate...... its pointless getting a remap and only going quick in straight lines, anyone can do that. Do the suspension and i'd say you'll be happy. The thing is with brakes, unless you drive like you're on a race track all of time, standard brakes would be fine ... its just a case of knowing you have to give it a bit of time to scrub off the speed.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Decent suspension. Makes a HUGE difference. After I had all the work done on my car it feels totally different to drive. Keys into the tarmac much more and the give much more confidence when driving fast.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Agree with Phil - suspension will radically improve the car and your confidence in its abilities. Brakes are also a good idea, but like Chris says, you can drive around the brakes situation (until you have saved up!). Once you have experienced better brakes, there's no going back, but then the same applies to xenons, Recaros, blah blah blah[:D]. A chip is the thin end of the wedge!

You know what I'm going to say next[:I] - Koni Sport adjustable dampers (yellow) RRP ?392 and Eibach or H&R -30mm springs (?110 ish). Awesome will give you -10% forum discount. Powerflex bushes while you are at it if you can stretch the budget. You already have the ARB's don't you as you did the GB?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I voted "other" although I should really get my suspension sorted out!!

I find the hesitancy at 2k revs more noticeable now, and can be off putting sometimes... however, it's a trait of all VW diesels whether chipped or not [:(]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts