Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking around for a FMIC, and was wondering which one you guys recommend? If necessary, I'll change the front bumper to geta bigger one on. If so which bumper should I get? R32 seems to be the most common.

Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am using the ATP one behind the big Oettinger bumper and needed some trim, I am very happy how it performs on my stage 3

·
Registered
811 Posts
I went custom FMIC with a Caractere front bumper... The nuespeed kit from awesome looks quite tidy. And is the cheapest 'kit'..... but its still way over priced.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Tim Sims on 08/02/2005 18:30:21

I went custom FMIC with a Caractere front bumper... The nuespeed kit from awesome looks quite tidy. And is the cheapest 'kit'..... but its still way over priced.

I beleive Stuart has the Neuspeed FMIC with an R32 front bumper which required quite a bit of cutting to fit.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Does anyone know what construction method is used for allard cores?

Most people on vortex recommend Greddy intercoolers.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Doesn't the neuspeed have a weird pipe layout, if i remember right the piping to the throttle body comes from the right hand side of the core?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote: posted by thechief on 09/02/2005 17:42:52

Does anyone know what construction method is used for allard cores?

I know they use tube and fin design, but thats it. They do look good pieces of kit at quite good prices.

·
Registered
445 Posts
i used an r32 bumper and used a allard fmic which i plumbed in myself. it was all a bit hit and miss but the end product is pretty good i think. total cost of fmic/hoses/pipe ect was around ?300. and im getting good power and torque, and even after a long hard drive last summer the fmic was still cool to the touch.have a look at my pic and you will see it looks ok, just click on the link.

Starry.....

·
Registered
283 Posts
That looks well smart mate, how much grief was it to plumb in yourself?

Do you think it would fit behind a standard front bumper?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Chief, problem is that getting a Greddy core is import.... im sure some of the members did get them tho from a g/b on vortex. Lovely piece of kit that!

Nick, depends on the size of the core you use.... if its reasonably thin it will fit with a bit of trimming i would think. As for the plumbing... i did it in half a day with mates and we had no idea how we were going to pipe it until we took the bumper of. i used a few bits of straight pipe and x2 45 bends and x2 90 bends in samco hosing with the ibiza top pipe... sorted!

·
Registered
445 Posts
the one i fitted would not fit behind a standard bumper as it would have been to thick at about 70mm, but if you were to buy a thiner one then i would say yes. as for the plumbing in i brought some samco bends and some straight tube and played around with it for about half a day..

Starry.....

·
Registered
680 Posts
correct.. although it went on to get an R32 bumper afterwards with its new owner.

It looked very descrete on std bumper which was my own preference.

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Please stop posting pictures of the Allard ic. I don't need any more temptation, so stop it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts