Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to dye the 'white' parts of my seats black (and maybe the carpet too - in the absence of a decent Mk4 carpet)..

Want a dye that won't leach back into my clothes, obviously, and isn't going to need redoing every year or so..

Recommendations anyone??

·
Registered
11,259 Posts
you'll need to just trust thee manufacturer of said dye... but yeah i have spray on fabric dye before but i don't remember the brand... got it from ebay and the rattle cans i bought were especially made were for automotive cloth seats... after it was dry it didn't stain. PS use a hot air blower to help the drying process ;)

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you'll need to just trust thee manufacturer of said dye... but yeah i have spray on fabric dye before but i don't remember the brand... got it from ebay and the rattle cans i bought were especially made were for automotive cloth seats... after it was dry it didn't stain. PS use a hot air blower to help the drying process ;)
So many to choose from... even Autoglym do one now...

I really like Rit dyes but they need hot water (in a pan, on the hob) so are no use...

·
Registered
11,259 Posts
Unless you take the seats apart amd just wash dye the fabric the old way.... but hey it is a pita to put it back...

I would trust autoglym products though just make sure it says it is colour fast.... you can always add a layer of nubuc protective spray once it has dried... (it's for shoes but it'll make the lot water and stain proof)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts