Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have a 2001 AUM VVt 1.8T , just wanted to know which forge dump valve i should fit?, i want it to fit under the engine cover as well, ie look standard, ive been told that the audi 225 bhp engine dump valve is also great ,any ideas???????

cheers zak

·
Registered
557 Posts
If your on a tight budget then the 225tt valve its fine. Its actually the valve they would give you as a replacemnt if your stock one gave up the ghost. It is the 710N (part of the part number). Half the price Forge and would be fine on a standard application, plus keeps the original look. Now if its under bonnet jewelrey (sp?) you are after then Forge is the way to go!

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There seems to be two types of forge valve, dv007 and dv006, whats the difference ,and do they both fit under the original engine cover?

cheers

·
Registered
304 Posts
No I dont think they fit under the engine cover. But I do believe that forge now do a DV where the vacumm pipe comes out side of the top, not straight up which is what causes the problem with the cover.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
forge dv 007 and 006 both fit under the cover if you want to check give them a ring on 01452 380999 and ask russell

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I found that the forge 007 would fit under the cover but the smaller hose which comes from the top does rub so for that very reason I removed the engine cover.

If you want to guarentee fitting then get the side exiting version as posted by turbo_gti.

I am currently testing the FMDV004 in conjunction with EddyH.

Results seem good to present with a very loud blow off noise with or without a CAI kit.

Depending on how testing goes Eddy may be offering a Group Buy on them.

www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?cat=TUNDV&product=FMDV004

Posted Image

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I have it on my car at the moment but not entirelly sure how to get a sound clip, I take it I need to plug a microphone into my laptop?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think so, im not to up on it myself. I know Clipse took a sound clip of the evo cai but im not sure how he did it......

How loud is it compared to the Dynatwist on its own ? I used to have one and I might be able to gauge the difference is. I like the DV whoossssh but im not to keen on my motor sounding like a bus's air brakes.[B)]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
It sounds really nice and in all likelyhood yes I'll be getting one.

There seems to be no apparent loss in power which is a good thing.

I need to get a soundclip to upload though then you can all decide.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
You wont get the woossshhh with that as its recirulating, you will need to fit a CAI kit like the Dynatwist or the Carbonio (more noise) etc.

Or you could use this one that I tried www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?cat=TUNDV&product=FMDV004

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The one I borrowed off EddyH for testing was Silver, power and response stayed very similar but it does throw an error code up which can be cleared with vagcom but will return anyway.

I have since changed back to my 007P.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts