Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Norton has expired and is going to cost 25 notes to renew, was just wondering if anyone had any other recommendations for an antivirus, or do I stick with Norton?

·
Registered
906 Posts
I a musing Panda.

On my last computer it did slow it down but on my new machine it is fine.

Has anyone heard of anything about Panda?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I have used AVG for many years now without any problems [:)] I think this combined with Zone alarm fire wall + the odd scan with Ad Aware is all thats needed for the average home user!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Plenty of threads futher down the Computers section about this.  The favourites seem to be AVG if you want free, and McAfee if you are paying.

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
PM me if you want Sophos antivirus for free.  \got a corp edition at work which you can d/l for free.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
One of my best mates is a big wig at Mcafee and he gets me AV for free and I still use avg instead! like already's been said it just does its job and doesn't try to re-config your pc! definatly dump Norton! think some of their products you have to download an uninstaller from their web site! right pain in the butt!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I have used AVG for many years now without any problems [:)] I think this combined with Zone alarm fire wall + the odd scan with Ad Aware is all thats needed for the average home user!
Same here.. plus spybot and stinger too, keeps me virus free !

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers for the replies, in the end I went with the Avg free, that's got to better than paying Norton.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I use AVG but I do find sometimes that it doesn't pick up things that Norton does.

What is the best spyware prog to go for?

Im using MS Antispyware at the mo - Any better ones?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I use AVG but I do find sometimes that it doesn't pick up things that Norton does.

What is the best spyware prog to go for?

Im using MS Antispyware at the mo - Any better ones?

Thanks!
That MS spyware thing is rubbish !

I use Spybot,

Ad-Aware

and Stinger. http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger
Thanks for the reply Dan.

So you use all 3 of them for spyware? Im gonna google em and install now ...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Whoever said Nod32

This man doth spake the truth, yeah verily[:)]

or better still use an OS that is not plagued by malicious software[;)]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts