Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've just bought a 1999 GTTDI 110 and I would like to reduce body roll. Id rather fit a rear anti roll bar than the front and wondered if any other mk4's have a thicker arb that would fit straight on mine. Otherwise would I need to go down the whiteline route?

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
5,761 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
yea, just so you know, a standard mk4 golf has no rear antiroll bar as standard.

22mm is a good idea if your not changing the front ARB, but it is advised to change both front and back (to say a 25mm on both) for more neutral handling...

·
Registered
18,140 Posts
yea, just so you know, a standard mk4 golf has no rear antiroll bar as standard.

22mm is a good idea if your not changing the front ARB, but it is advised to change both front and back (to say a 25mm on both) for more neutral handling...
Not strictly true,there is an anti roll bar that runs on the inside of the rear beam.

·
Registered
254 Posts
so if you were to start off with jus a rear arb, but were gunna end up gettin a front one too, would you be betta off buyin the 25mm one for the rear to start with? correct me if i've got da wrong end of the stick lol am wantin to get a rear arb maself, but am abit of a noob lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
I got the 22mm adjustable on the rear, it's awesome. It's cut down the roll lots so far. I'm running standard shocks with jamex lowering springs. I am in the market for a new front arb, so I can get coilies and slam the Mk4 golf on its hoop. I don't really know how much of a difference a 22mm or a 25mm would make on a Mk4 anyway!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.