Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Quote: posted by smithjoe on 09/10/2004 12:33:06

Black everytime, they look brill in black with red calipers and the black headlights. As they say once youve had black you wont look back.

Got to agree i love having a black car now but red looked the absolute business.

That was FLASH red though mind [;)][:p]

·
Registered
406 Posts
Quote: posted by harvey240902 on 09/10/2004 13:37:29

25 years anniversary = silver!

Thats as maybe, but I don't fancy my 30th Anni in "Pearl"

1st - First - Paper

2nd - Second - Cotton

3rd - Third - Leather

4th - Fourth - Fruit/Flowers

5th - Fifth - Wood

6th - Sixth - Candy/Iron

7th - Seventh - Wool/Copper

8th - Eighth - Bronze/Pottery

9th - Ninth - Pottery/Willow

20th - Tenth - Tin/Aluminium

11th - Eleventh - Steel

12th - Twelfth - Silk/Linen

13th - Thirteenth - Lace

14th - Fourteenth - Ivory

15th - Fifteenth - Crystal

20th - Twentieth - China

25th - Twenty-Fifth - Silver

30th - Thirtieth - Pearl

35th - Thirty-Fifth - Coral

40th - Fortieth - Ruby

45th - Forty-Fifth - Sapphire

50th - Fiftieth - Gold

55th - Fifty-fifth - Emerald

60th - Sixtieth - Diamond

·
Registered
875 Posts
I would go Silver, because the red paint is not metallic or pearlescent so it will be very soft. While the black looks nice but is a pain to keep clean. Whereas Silver looks good and doesn't look dirty so quickly.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Black is stunning, really compliments the Anni finish on the alloys. Silver comes a close second. Red is just too in your face and steals away the splendour that the small details [painted callipers, Recaro seats, ali trim, anni rims, chrome exhaust] would usually get. Each to their own though and all that [;)]

·
Registered
682 Posts
I would say red,lets be honest,there's a vast amount of silver Golfs out there(including mine!),so i reckon it would be quite nice to be different. Red on these mkiv's wont fade,as they are a laquered finish unlike previous models,but polish it anyway,as it will just look even better! Dont forget,red was one of the most popular Golf GTi colours right from the mk 1 until the recent trend to buy metallic finishes. What better colour to have on a model that celebrates 25 years? Just my opinion,of course! Paul.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Oh yes,forgot to mention,silver can be a bugger to match if you ever need to have it repaired or sprayed! Just something to consider if youre about to part with 15 grand!....Damn,ive just bought a silver 4mo for 15 grand!!! Oh well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts