Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
looks like the Brooklands museum to me

part of the old race trank banking is still standing - good place to visit, well worth the trip (just of M25 in surrey)

TB

·
Registered
965 Posts
Yes its brooklands museum (part of the brooklnads race track) in Weybridge Surrey near A3 and come off at junction 9 or 10 M25

We had a meet there last year, and are hoping to try and organise another one very soon.

[:D]

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Yes its brooklands museum (part of the brooklnads race track) in Weybridge Surrey near A3 and come off at junction 9 or 10 M25

We had a meet there last year, and are hoping to try and organise another one very soon.

Hooray ! 1 mile from my home ![:D]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
That was a good day out...agree? And some great picture opportunities, I remember going off on that golf cart with the woman showing us around, she took me under the track to show me where some ghosts have been seen!!!! Spooky![:O]
Definitely ! They even gave us osmeone to look after us and show us around.. def worth the trip.. just for the surroundings and the history... oh and the motor sport museum with some vary interesting cars in !

·
Registered
965 Posts

Hooray ! 1 mile from my home ![:D]
I used to live in Weybridge, I really miss it actually its so nice over there. Last time I was there I went to the Colony chinese restaurant FANTASTIC!!! [Y]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Did anyone see our forum ad in this months issue of volkswagen driver ? They used a pic from that day at brooklands ! .. so in a tiny way my car has had a picture in a volkswagen mag [:p][:D][;)]

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
yeah it was a good day.

i must say it was a little scary parking up on that bank. doesn't look that bad but when you open your door and its trying to cut your head off while you climb out of your car

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
yeah it was a good day.

i must say it was a little scary parking up on that bank. doesn't look that bad but when you open your door and its trying to cut your head off while you climb out of your car
Aye.. it is very steep when you walk up it.. and to try and open ya door ya really have to push as it's trying to close against ya. It's much steeper than it looks in those pics.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Did anyone see our forum ad in this months issue of volkswagen driver ? They used a pic from that day at brooklands ! .. so in a tiny way my car has had a picture in a volkswagen mag [:p][:D][;)]
No have not seen it...fame at last eh!

Shhhh.... (whispers quietly) Well I am in cahoots with Brooklands as we speak and would like to arrange another day out there, with all the events this time so watch this space...... [;)]

·
Registered
965 Posts
please let me know if theirs a meet at brooklands again as im new to this and live about 10 mins away
No worries I will be putting a seperate thread up in the London Meets some time, so keep an eye out. The meet will be next year now though [:D]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Told ya' I'd make you famous one day! [:D]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts