Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, we are looking at getting some new alloys but want to see some in the flesh so to speak.

We fancy a drive out on Saturday so if anyone knows of any retailers in the South East that may be worth a trip please let me know. The more ideas the better as the more we see the better... or more confusing as the case may be! [*-)]

Ta..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Carnoisseur in southend m8

my friend ownes it so go and say stu with the golf sent u and ask for Chris

Carnoisseur

786 london Road

southend on sea

01702 482545

He donesnt always have a lot in stock but most stuff 2-3 days delivery,

my replacement wheels are in there atm as 2 of mine are bent from an accident

Hes got loads of disply wheels and even more catalogs too [:)]

well worth a trip [;)]

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanx Stu, that's one for the list and sounds well worth a visit...

Russ

ooopppsss... done it again! using wifey's details. Must get another computer!!!

·
Old School UkMkivs Member
2,166 Posts
If you are after VW / Audi replicas try Alloy Wheels and Tyres Uk Ltd.

They are a wholesalers based in Paddock Wood in Kent (01892 837770) and supply high quality (Italian made) replica wheels to a lot of shops around the UK. Obviously dealing direct with them gets you better prices!

My A8 reps came from there for ?575 with Kumho 711's fitted.

Highly recommended

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi Essex

Thanx for info, think will def go and check them out, like the idea of being able to try them out next to the car.

Re London to Southend cruise, are you still meeting up early at Lakeside services for photos?[;)]

·
2,166 Posts
Rochford Tyres are pretty good to ...
It may only be a rumour but I have been told Rochford get hold of replica rims from Japan as they are cheaper than the better quality ones from Italy. Apparantly there has been lots of problems with the laquer thickness and cover on the Jap replicas causing premature corroding, especially on the A8's.

Might only be a rumour but if you or anyone is getting replicas its worth finding out if the are made in Italy or Japan.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
mine are fine 15 months on.

any wheels will die if they are not looked after.

the secret there is a coat of poorboys wheels sealent to prevent that.

i mean look at the "legendary" BBS Anni rims........they corrode BADLY, and they are genuine BBS

·
2,166 Posts
mine are fine 15 months on.

any wheels will die if they are not looked after.

the secret there is a coat of poorboys wheels sealent to prevent that.

i mean look at the "legendary" BBS Anni rims........they corrode BADLY, and they are genuine BBS
Fair point Essex, just wanted to make people a bit wary as there have been several people on here having problems with the A8's especially.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like a hack down to Southend Saturday... wahooo!! Hopefully find nice set of rims for the dub...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Funny you should mention that........

i'm gonna drive to Lakeside, Russ is going to drive down to Southers and see what happens from there, save's arguments lol [:p]

·
Registered
4,190 Posts

i'm gonna drive to Lakeside, Russ is going to drive down to Southers and see what happens from there, save's arguments lol [:p]
oh i see.........let the bloke drive with the blokes.....save you getting "shown how to drive"....lol....lol.... [;)]

·
Registered
249 Posts

oh i see.........let the bloke drive with the blokes.....save you getting "shown how to drive"....lol....lol.... [;)]
What, "shown how to drive" badly by a bunch of boys?!? Could show you a thing or two...... [;)]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts