Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't you buy one from ebay ages ago, or has that one packed up too?
It wasn't the pump that I bought! Although it was listed as a secondary air pump it wasn't. It's some kind of sensor that I have got, but not sure what it is.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Erm, there is a black plastic part situated under the turbo somewhere, haven't seen it for myself, but the garage told me it was around there somewhere (while point with his finger and torch!) and would take an hour to fit.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's the thing you can hear on startup if you listen carefully for about a min and a half from cold. Should be a quiet vacumn type noise, then the car will revert to normal idle.

Mine sounds like a jet plane though, very embarrasing.

Thought you were gonna start a bidding war with me!! [:D]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well it seems no one on here has had the problem before, but the guy on ebay has obviously heard of it! Took me ages to actually track down the noise and 2 garages couldnt find it, but I don't think they actually did anything apart from plug it in to a computer. One garage said 'it's normal' and VW said they didnt have a clue to get out of it I reckon.

It was the guys over at VAG20v.net who tracked it down for me!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
[;)]good good.

I dont even bother with dealerships these days to be honest excpt to get any spare parts.in the last year all ive had to get from them is a lower grill.[:)]

Hope that pump sorts out your problem although you could always jack it up and see if you can fix it yourself and save a few quid.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[;)]good good.

I dont even bother with dealerships these days to be honest excpt to get any spare parts.in the last year all ive had to get from them is a lower grill.[:)]

Hope that pump sorts out your problem although you could always jack it up and see if you can fix it yourself and save a few quid.
I did get under and have a look, but theres this damn great thing called an oil sump in the way! Think the bumper etc would have to come off. I'd rather pay the ?35 I was quoted!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Fair enough.Id pay the money too if it means not having to scrub dirt from under my nails and pick skin off my knuckles for 2 days.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts