Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
suggestions please guys, euro car parts is outta the question. only need a flywheel to fit a 240mm clutch/6 sp spline

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Awesome gti but you wont find it on their website ... you will have to phone them up and ask about it.

Jabbasport also should be able to sort you out.

Valeo make SMF too i think.

What car do you have?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome gti but you wont find it on their website ... you will have to phone them up and ask about it.

Jabbasport also should be able to sort you out.

Valeo make SMF too i think.

What car do you have?
TDI 130 6 speeder. got the helix clutch just need a flywheel as dont wana pay 300 + vat for a helix one. my clutch invoice says 1.8T on it, so petrol stuff must fit TDI's aslong as theyre 6sp

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Well when you do find a SMF to fit with your helix clutch make sure you give us some feedback on how its performing.

Where did you get the helix clutch from and how much was it? Im converting to helix clutch and SMF next month but still trying to find best prices.

Good luck finding a cheap SMF to fit with your expensive clutch. Let us know what you find. [C]

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PokerPro, will post everything up...seems to be a lot of myths about them and that infamous video in a car park! Nothings cheap with VW's...

Speak to Stuart @ Mardigras motorsport and just ask for his best price, not sure what it will be now with VAT @ 20%. i may just end up getting the matching helix flywheel i dunno yet..would prefer one at around the stock DMF weight of 12.6kg

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a couple left from having a small batch made up to fit a standard 6 speed clutch, only thing I need a standard ring gear to finish them off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts